• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ever wanted pictures of your fish?

Jt731

Members
Have you ever looked at the pictures of the month and thought, my fish are just as pretty?

The week after Christmas my kids will be with my ex and work will be slow, so I'm going to have some free time and figured, why not do something for other people.

So I'm willing that week to spend a hour or two sitting in front of your tanks trying to get pictures of your fish. I figure I'll be able to do this for two or three people so if you will be around, especially during the day, I'm willing to try and get some pictures. Best part, completely free. I can be bribed with cookies and coke zero, but I'm doing this partially to get better at doing this stuff and partially to give back to the club.

I'm nothing special when it comes to pictures. I have a really good camera and some ok lenses. I will take a ton of pictures in the hope a few are amazing. I've won picture of the month a few times and have attached some of my recent pictures.

The pictures are completely yours, I'd like a copy in case I want to print one out to put on my wall of pictures.

My asks:
1. Don't live in the middle of nowhere. I live in Alexandria, VA. Please live within a reasonable commuting distance.
2. Clean your glass before I come. It really makes a difference. You'll notice in my attached pictures a couple have crap on the glass.
3. Please provide a SDHC card. Nothing big is necessary but when I'm done I can just download a copy of the pictures to my laptop and then just give you the card (So yes, card is yours to keep). MY 32GB card lets me take 1600 pictures so 4 or 8GB is fine.

So, I'd like to gauge interest, if I have to figure out a way to pare down the number of folks to just a couple, so please reply if you want this, your location, number of tanks or interesting fish you keep, and approximately what day and time during that week after christmas you'll be available.

ogilby.jpg

parva.jpg

praecox.jpg

pleco.jpg

Reed

Very Fishe
Would love some great pictures of my fish. Have lots of cookies and holiday beverages etc and I live close by

Veryfishe.com

Becca

Members
Dagnabbit... why do I have to live in the middle of nowhere??? Oh yeah, because it's the only way to pay a mortgage and student loans :-/.

Spine

Members
I would recommend you advice people to clean their glass 2 days ahead or at least a full day before you take pics. Your pics are nice,keep it up.:D

FishEggs

. . . . . .have a really good camera and some ok lenses....... take a ton of pictures in the hope a few are amazing....

It's been my experience and belief, that's the only way to get good pictures of most things let alone a fish tank. Wish i had fish worthy of your time and pictures. You do get really good pics. I won't even ask how many bad pics you have. :wacko: