• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Silly question

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Other than hill stream loach (I know they need fast moving water....etc...) anything that looks like a stingray that can live in a planted 90 with angels and tetras and Corys.
I've done some preliminary information gathering but wanted your opinions/advice.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
It might be really streching "looks like a stingray" but "flounder plecos" - L052 should work.

Freshwater flounders are pretty easy to keep, but they probably would eat the tetras.

Becca

Members
I've never heard L052's called flounder plecos... they're not very flounder like, though...

Becca

Members
What about Banjo Cats? They're super cheap, very ray-like.

That thought actually crossed my mind, too. They're pretty cool and they partly conceal themselves under sand like a ray would. They flush water and sand through their gills to burrow and it's really neat to watch!

Will, you can take a look at my L052s when you're here on Sunday to get an idea of just how flat they are.

JLW

CCA Members
Most of the freshwater flounders sold in the hobby are going to be brackish soles. I'll poke around and see if any of my SA suppliers have any truly freshwater species.

verbal

CCA Members
I know that Michael Barber has collected Freshwater flounders on a number of his trips to Peru.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
That thought actually crossed my mind, too. They're pretty cool and they partly conceal themselves under sand like a ray would. They flush water and sand through their gills to burrow and it's really neat to watch!

Will, you can take a look at my L052s when you're here on Sunday to get an idea of just how flat they are.

Cool thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app