• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Planted Tanks Oct 2010

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey guys,

Talking to Sam on another thread yesterday made me realize I hadn't taken any decent shots of the planted tanks lately.

To be honest, I've sort of let them go lately. Have a CO2 setup with a pH controller on the 45, but the solenoid is sort of screwed up, so I haven't had the CO2 running in months. Also haven't been adding my Flourish or running the undergravel heater. Only real maintenance is bi-weekly water changes and pruning once a month (that's the beauty of keeping easy plants, lol)

Anyway, here's pics of the 45 high. I've had it setup for about 7 years in the current tank size. It has a pair of koi angels, a few male rainbows and assorted tetras/rasboras (along with about 20 ottos)

232323232%7Ffp63284%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C%3A759746348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp633%3A9%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C%3A76%3C798348nu0mrj

Here's a shot of the 20H underneath it. No CO2 or fancy stuff on it (other than good lighting). It's been setup for about 6 months and houses A. cacatuoides, endlers (for live food), a group of cories and a couple of plecos.

232323232%7Ffp63284%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C%3A759745348nu0mrj

Thanks a bunch for looking.

Last edited:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Awesome tanks Tony!!! I set up my first somewhat planted tank after the meeting last week. Don't look nuthin like yours tho... maybe in time it will turn into something as nice as yours but I gotta keep em alive first :lol:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
What's the leafy species in the foreground of the first photo?

Assume you had to tie it down to something?

F8LBITE

Members
I love those tanks dude. I always stand in front of this tank when I come over its like a game of wheres waldo cuz im looking for stuff thats hiding in the plants.

Peacockbass

Here is a few shots of my first attempt at a planted tank. I just did some trimming yesterday. the tank has been up and running for about 2 years.

planted tank 004.jpg

planted tank 006.jpg

planted tank 005.jpg

Tony

Thanks a bunch, guys!

My secret to a good looking tank is a simple one: grow easy plants. :)

Sam - The foreground plant is a large mat of anubias nana. Started with about 10 leaves and it's just spread from there over the years. The fine roots have grown into the gravel substrate (Flourish Onyx), so it pretty much holds itself down.

My planted 58, with 3 WPG and pressurized CO2. It have my wonderful rainbow cichlids. The other is my "easy" African peacock tank. No C02.

CIMG0011.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

Tony

Thanks DQ! You gotta come by some time and check out the tanks. :)

Wendy - Your tanks are awesome looking!