• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Quick Turn Around on Extra Fish

JLW

CCA Members
Hey folks,

My Colombia supplier just sent me a great list, which has some really cool fish on it. I'm running a little light on making weight for the order, though, and decided to post some great fish at incredible prices. The fish will arrive next MONDAY, and won't be available for pickup until after then.

So, here's the boring terms and conditions:
You have to pick up the fish at Batfish in Silver Spring, the sooner the better. Or, at the ACLC meeting in Lancaster. Sometime between the 11th and 17th.

You must pay for the fish in advance via PayPal to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com.

This is for members of ACLC or CCA -only-.

Super PRE ORDERS

I MUST have pre orders on this list by 2 PM on Wednesday.

Big Fish:
Panda Uaru (U. fernandezyepezi), LG -- $80
Crenicichla sp. Tapajos Red, LG -- $85
L191 Large -- $85
Motoro Stingray, Large -- $350

Loricariids
L128 Small -- $20
L 128 Medium -- $25
L 128 Large -- $40
Chaetostoma cf. thomsoni -- $2
L168 Butterfly -- $8
L190 -- $12
L191 -- $12
L200 -- $25
L201 -- $20
L239 -- $20
L330 -- $35
Mega Clown -- $10
L106 Orange Seam -- $8
L103 Clown -- $6

Cory Cats:

Bicolor Cory (CW51) -- $20
Decker's Cory -- $2
Delfax Cory -- $2
Olga Cory -- $4

Cichlids:
Pike Cichlid -- $6
Altum Angel -- $12
Leopold Angel -- $10
Trumpet Knife -- $10
Wild Discus (Green, Adult) -- $90

Stingrays:
Laticeps Stingray -- $50
Motoro Stingray -- $145
Reticulatus Stingray -- $30
Flower Stingray -- $200

Mwildgruber

Members
I am looking at the rays.. How big are the Reticulatus Stingrays when you order them? And would a 75 be an appropriate home for them for a few months?

JLW

CCA Members
The Reticulatus should be 4-6" in diametre. They're not a really big ray -- in fact, they're probably the best ray for most aquarists. You're only talking a maximum size of about 16-18", and probably less. I think a 75-G would be appropriate for a while, but upgrading to something like a 80-breeder (or 80 "Frag") would be ideal -- they're 48 x 24 x 16.

Forester

Members
Just beware, they don't necessarily like sharing space with each other (kind of like the L128s.

Well they'll have tank to themselves and I'll include plenty of hiding places. Thanks for the warning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Well they'll have tank to themselves and I'll include plenty of hiding places. Thanks for the warning.

Another good tip for keeping these guys (straight from the Batfish himself) is to house them with a few home-grown regular BNPs. They eat wood and, like other wood-eating plecos, benefit from actually consuming the waste of other species of plecos in order to populate their gut bacteria to digest the wood. This is especially important after shipping and/or quarantine treatments.

I've found mine to be somewhat picky - he/she/it will eat cucumber but not zucchini, steamed broccoli (particularly the thick stems), black worms, and will even suck up some flake foods (but not all) when they fall to the ground. It seems they like a somewhat varied diet, to say the least.

If I had space to quarantine a few right now, I'd be adding to my collection. My purple panaque is, hands down, my favorite fish in the house. It is always highly visible and is also easy to photograph. Lighting to bring out their colors is a must if you want to get the full effect.

Forester

Members
Another good tip for keeping these guys (straight from the Batfish himself) is to house them with a few home-grown regular BNPs. They eat wood and, like other wood-eating plecos, benefit from actually consuming the waste of other species of plecos in order to populate their gut bacteria to digest the wood. This is especially important after shipping and/or quarantine treatments.

I've found mine to be somewhat picky - he/she/it will eat cucumber but not zucchini, steamed broccoli (particularly the thick stems), black worms, and will even suck up some flake foods (but not all) when they fall to the ground. It seems they like a somewhat varied diet, to say the least.

If I had space to quarantine a few right now, I'd be adding to my collection. My purple panaque is, hands down, my favorite fish in the house. It is always highly visible and is also easy to photograph. Lighting to bring out their colors is a must if you want to get the full effect.

I never would have though of sticking some BNs with them, thanks for the tips!

I'm getting 6 and was planning on a 20g long with two caves, Malaysian driftwood, and java fern. For filtration an aquaclear 70, sponge filter, and a power head. Is that a fine setup?

I read that they like flow, do yours?

Thanks,

Lucas

Becca

Members
I never would have though of sticking some BNs with them, thanks for the tips!

I'm getting 6 and was planning on a 20g long with two caves, Malaysian driftwood, and java fern. For filtration an aquaclear 70, sponge filter, and a power head. Is that a fine setup?

I read that they like flow, do yours?

Thanks,

Lucas

My big guy or gal has a 33 with two AC 30's on it. He does like to sit near the output of one of them. If they're full size, you're probably better off with a 40B. One thing you could try is making Bamboo caves to stack in the 20L so there's lots of tunnels, etc. for them to hide in (keep them open ended). I've done this in the 33L where I'm growing out the L183s who are also little jerks to each other. It's improved the bickering notably.

Forester

Members
I'm gonna try to grab a 40 for my 128s at petco so then these guys could get a 33. Planet catfish says they should stay around 3 in, do you think that about right? Thanks

Becca

Members
I'm gonna try to grab a 40 for my 128s at petco so then these guys could get a 33. Planet catfish says they should stay around 3 in, do you think that about right? Thanks

Yes. Mine is an adult and about that size. They are bulky/big headed for their size, but don't get very long.

Putting several feeding stations out for them would probably help to prevent aggression.

Forester

Members
I've switched to using screws as weights instead of forks so it should be easy to split up the veggies