• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Years Fish Resolutions

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Over the past year or so, I've tried to do the "less is more" approach in most of my tanks. I realize I don't have the space to keep every species of fish that exists, despite what I want to do. I hope to keep up on this pace and not overstock tanks.

I'd also like to get a group of some of the less available severum species to breed.

dogofwar

CCA Members
That's a good one.

A couple from me:

- Try more live plants - I've actually got Anubias, some Java Fern and Pothos in some tanks... maybe more (and associated more lighting)

- Post more on the CCA Forum. It's a great way to support the club and welcome new members.

Matt

Over the past year or so, I've tried to do the "less is more" approach in most of my tanks. I realize I don't have the space to keep every species of fish that exists, despite what I want to do. I hope to keep up on this pace and not overstock tanks.

I'd also like to get a group of some of the less available severum species to breed.

Forester

Members
Organization and keeping track of everything.

Christines fishroom was an inspiration for organization and cleanliness.

Finally, actually use the big slabs of frozen food in my freezer

Lucas

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
One more for me: Expand my composting (and red wiggler worm culturing) operation. Got my eye on a big rotating bin...

Matt

Forester

Members
One more for me: Expand my composting (and red wiggler worm culturing) operation. Got my eye on a big rotating bin...

Matt

We have a big rotating one and it works great. It gets a little hard to turn over time, but as long as you empty it consistently it's fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President

Matt

I've got a rotating bin that you can have if you want it. The previous owners of the house left it here and I've never used it.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I can't guarantee performance, but it did spin the last time I tried (last summer). Just need to figure out how to get it to your place.

Rasta Fish

Members
Matt..How so?
My tanks are Overstock, trying to cut down on the quantity of fishes in each tanks which will help with the maintenance, less water changes and filter cleaning
spend more time enjoying them rather than constant cleaning and up keep

Howie

Members
Trying to purposely breed some fish just for fun. Up until this point I've been an accidental breeder.