• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAPHNIA AND FISH FS

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
DAPHNIA AND FISH FOR SALE

I can deliver cultures or fish to the next CCA meeting on Jan 9th or ship for $10 locally with live-arrival guaranteed.

DAPHNIA $5 a bag
MICROWORM culture in a sandwich box $5
MICROWORM starter (1 tablespoon of a going culture) is free to any CCA member, just ask.
VINEGAR EEL culture $5 (one pint) with collecting sponge

All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Wapoga red laser rainbowfish $20 a pair

Synodontis petricola $6 each FOR 1.5+INCH FISH

Lambchop rasboras (Trigonostigma espei) adults $3 each OR 10 FOR $20

Pearl gouramis adults, $8 a pair.

Corydoras axelrodi $8 each

Corydoras gold lasers $8 each (AKA CORYDORAS sp CW010, Orange Stripe Cory, or Peru Orange cory)

Corydoras trilineatus $8 each (AKA leopard cory)

Corydoras schultzi black $10 each or 6 for $50.

Corydaras sterbai $8 each or 6 for $40.

Corydoras panda $5 each

Corydoras paleatus $5 each

L183, also known as the Starlight Bristlenose Catfish or Dolly Pleco 1.25+inch $20 each. These are the ones with the white edging to the dorsal and caudal fins.

L144, also know as the black-eyed yellow BN, adults $20 a pair

BN regular brown pairs $12
BN spotted $10 each
BN albino small $3 each
BN albino pairs $12

Red velvet swordtails $4 each for males or females
Red wag platys $3 each or 10 fish for $20
Red-tailed blue variatus $4 each,
Half-black yellow deltatail guppies $5 each, reverse trio (2m&1f) for $12, three pairs for $20

Spotted bullheads $5 each or 6 for $20 native to many southern US rivers. These are actually a spotted version of the brown bullhead. They grow to about 16-18 inches and will fit in any large cichlid tank, like where a red-tailed catfish would, without getting so big.

All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Last edited:

zendog

Do you happen to have cultures of any of the other types of Daphnia besides the Magna? I'd like something a little smaller for my Dario Dario.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I am not sure you really need to culture smaller daphnia for fry. What I do is put daphnia magna adults in with the fry. The adult daphnia drop a batch of small newly born daphnia every three days. If you put in a bunch of adult daphnia there will be lots of small daphnia for the fry which you will never see.

But if you want smaller daphnia, there are some hobbyists in PVAS who culture moina.

I raise Dario hysginon (‘red melon Dario‘ or ‘flame red Dario‘ or Scarlet dario) in this way, though I do feed microworms and sometimes some baby brine shrimp. Microworms are really a good food for dario, even the adults and microworm cultures are easy to maintain. I will have a batch of dario hysginon for sale next month.