• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Quick Turn Around on Extra Fish

Becca

Members
I've switched to using screws as weights instead of forks so it should be easy to split up the veggies

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I use suction cups they sell at grocery stores and other places to stick up strings of Christmas lights. They sort of have a "tooth" on each side that I sink into the slice of zucchini or cucumber and you can stick them to the glass. I've found that slicing the veggies on a long angle so you get a long piece that is sort of thick at one end and thin (for the suction cup) at the other is a good way to feed lots of little plecos, though bigger ones probably appreciate a slice all their own.

Broccoli sinks once it's steamed, which is nice.

JLW

CCA Members
I never would have though of sticking some BNs with them, thanks for the tips!

I'm getting 6 and was planning on a 20g long with two caves, Malaysian driftwood, and java fern. For filtration an aquaclear 70, sponge filter, and a power head. Is that a fine setup?

I read that they like flow, do yours?

Thanks,

Lucas

I suggest this with ALL wild caught plecos. The standard regiment between the wild and me is to hit them again and again and again with antibiotics. Especially with xylaphagic and grazing plecos, I suspect they depend heavily on gut bacteria to do much of their digestion. I also suspect that their gut flora is essentially non existent by the time they arrive. So, let them live in a tank with some BNPs, and they'll pick up some of the detritus from the BNPs, and hopefully some bacteria.

FYI, the next GWAPA meeting is at my house on the 23rd, and the topic is Loricariids. :)

Forester

Members
I suggest this with ALL wild caught plecos. The standard regiment between the wild and me is to hit them again and again and again with antibiotics. Especially with xylaphagic and grazing plecos, I suspect they depend heavily on gut bacteria to do much of their digestion. I also suspect that their gut flora is essentially non existent by the time they arrive. So, let them live in a tank with some BNPs, and they'll pick up some of the detritus from the BNPs, and hopefully some bacteria.

FYI, the next GWAPA meeting is at my house on the 23rd, and the topic is Loricariids. :)

Thnx for the info! I'll see if I can make the meeting, sounds interesting.

Ps. Did you get my payment?

Thanks

FishEggs

For those who are new or have never ordered from you, How does one go about actually placing the order?

Thanks

JLW

CCA Members
Just send an e-mail and a PayPal for the amount to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com

Please make sure you send me an e-mail with what you're ordering -- if you send me money with no explanation, I will assume it's for being awesome. :p

I'm fighting off a case of food poisoning at the moment, sorry if my responses are a little briefer and less coherent than usual.

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys,

The fish came in last night around 1. I was up until 5 putting then out! Ugh. :)

I'll start getting with everyone about orders this evening.

J

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Forester

Members
Hey guys,

The fish came in last night around 1. I was up until 5 putting then out! Ugh. :)

I'll start getting with everyone about orders this evening.

J

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jeez! Good luck.

JLW

CCA Members
If you want to come pick up fish tomorrow (Weds), please e-mail and let me know. I'm not going to make it to contacting everyone individually until at least then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :)

Please don't PM me -- e-mail. BatfishAquatics@gmail.com

Forester

Members
If you want to come pick up fish tomorrow (Weds), please e-mail and let me know. I'm not going to make it to contacting everyone individually until at least then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :)

Please don't PM me -- e-mail. BatfishAquatics@gmail.com

Sounds like you need some help ;)