• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What A Great Meeting

Sonny Disposition

Just wanted to drop a line about what a great meeting we had this last Saturday. For those of you who missed it, all I can say is, you missed it. Charlie Campisi gave a great talk about how to put together a tank stand. I wish I had heard it before I built the racks I now have, but, I learned a lot just in case I ever rebuild them.

Lots of good companionship, too. Ron (JustRon on the Forum) was there, and I think his hat grew a few more feathers since I saw it last. Frank also brought his special vintage orange daphnia, a bargain at any price. I sold my rusty old 29 gallon stand for the grand total of $2, but it's better than having to drive it to the dump.

I have to admit I was disappointed that I didn't win the raffle. I had my heart set on the mermaid tank decoration, but somebody else wanted it. I was kind of dejected, but I hung in there until the end of the raffle, when somebody auctioned off a really neat box of tank decorations. I had just bid on some Tropheus longstockingi, so I thought they'd appreciate some really good cover for the bare bottomed tank I was going to put them in, and it would be a nice change from the usual assortment of broken flowerpots and pvc pipe that I usually use. All I can say is that these are really cool decorations, and I even outbid our club president for them. It was a tough struggle, but Pat, better luck next time.

Thanks everybody for a really great time!

longstocking

Members
OMG... what a hoot Bob !

You know I thought the coolest idea was one Pam Chin had.... she collects all those cool decorations :lol: for her tanks as well. I guess it's better than throwing them in the dump.

I gotta say I don't like the things... but, it is fun ! I will give you that. Hope the tropheus are doing well !

This brought me back to my child hood days ! When I had those things in my tank! Where is the cool little bubbler treasure chest that opens and closes with the bubbles :lol:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thats okay Bob, I prefer the pale blue, plastic scuba diver with the yellow bubbling tank anyway.

longstocking

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Feb 13 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats okay Bob, I prefer the pale blue, plastic scuba diver with the yellow bubbling tank anyway.[/b]

I need one of those :lol: I'll put it in Bill's tank :lol: He'll laugh and cringe at the same time ! And think I went nuts !

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
My parents had one when I was a kid. lol

Thanks to everyone for the good meeting. While it takes a good speaker or topic it also takes everyone showing up for the meeting to be a hit like this.

Sonny Disposition

I had a great time. I'll be back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Feb 13 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My parents had one when I was a kid. lol

Thanks to everyone for the good meeting. While it takes a good speaker or topic it also takes everyone showing up for the meeting to be a hit like this.
[/b]

DeeCee

Members
I admit I had one of those scuba-divers for awhile in one of my tanks. Kept the dog busy, watching it at least!

Funny, I don't recall it looking like you though Pippi! Heee heee!

DC

longstocking

Members
You know what I really want ! Those cool subs that are remote controlled and you can put it in your tank !

I can just see the fish now... * what the heck is this * Then a tropheus attacks it :lol: Really just curious what fish would be scared and what fish would check it out.

Ok... so I'm stilll a kid :p :lol:

tash

Members
just now seeing this. I am really glad those decorations got a good home. My husband suggested the trash can since trash day was the day before the meeting. but I hoped someone could use them. Those castles are kinda neat looking, and the anchor cave thing looks like a good hiding spot.

Sonny Disposition

I went to the trouble of giving them good hiding spots, but the baby Tropheus and Labidochromis in that tank aren't really hiding. (The adult yellow labs in my other tanks hide most of the time.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tash @ Feb 14 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just now seeing this. I am really glad those decorations got a good home. My husband suggested the trash can since trash day was the day before the meeting. but I hoped someone could use them. Those castles are kinda neat looking, and the anchor cave thing looks like a good hiding spot.[/b]

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Feb 14 2008, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You know what I really want ! Those cool subs that are remote controlled and you can put it in your tank !

I can just see the fish now... * what the heck is this * Then a tropheus attacks it :lol: Really just curious what fish would be scared and what fish would check it out.

Ok... so I'm stilll a kid :p :lol:[/b]

remote sub is a Great idea - I/We have a "retirement Tank" that is a 30+ gal trash can; can't see into the thing - But, last night i reached in to pull out what I thought was a 'floater' and was Attacked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (by said floater)

Great idea Sarah - I Must Have The Technology !

T.M.S.

P.