• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Manzanita everywhere

mchambers

Former CCA member
At least in the Red Rock Wilderness in Arizona. I could fill every tank in CCA!

chriscoli

Administrator
As someone who grew up in Arizona, this is a familiar sight. There are some places where collecting is also quite prohibited.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I assume it would be illegal to collect where we were hiking.

And I don't think it would fit in my suitcase, either.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yeah, probably wouldn't fit in your suitcase.

That near the area were I did my Master's Thesis work....essentially, it was my "outdoor office" for several years. I'm quite familiar with a lot of the back roads in that area.

I miss it very much.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Beautiful area

Yeah, probably wouldn't fit in your suitcase.

That near the area were I did my Master's Thesis work....essentially, it was my "outdoor office" for several years. I'm quite familiar with a lot of the back roads in that area.

I miss it very much.
This was my first trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. It is an amazing area. We had a couple of nice, long hikes outside of Sedona, then drove to see the amazing meteor crater. I wanted to drive to Window, Arizona just stand on the corner, but we didn't have enough time. From the meteor crater, we drove to the Grand Canyon. Yesterday, we did the day hike down to Skeleton Point and then hiked back up. When we woke up today, it was snowing like crazy, with predictions of up to 9" at the rim. We then drove to Scottsdale through the snow.