• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WANT TO BUY: Canister Filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish

Banned
Still looking. Cant get theawesome system. WAY to much work it would be a nightmare to take 1.5 foot beasts out move tank remive substrate get people to help rebuild stand paint stand and get a filter for fishes temp home and much more.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
I have a fluval 404 canister I can sell you. All it needs is one new part that costs $12 at any lfs. You can have it for $55 which is $10 less than I paid for it when I got it.

fish

Banned
I have a fluval 404 canister I can sell you. All it needs is one new part that costs $12 at any lfs. You can have it for $55 which is $10 less than I paid for it when I got it.

So basically i am paying 2 more dollars for a used filter then i could get a new one. What the heck?

You paid $65 and i get it for $55 and i still need to go and get a $12 part? For a used filter? Why are u trying to scam me? Im not stupid.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I think you misunderstood. Greengirl must have bought it used. No way a Fluval 404 would have gone for $65 (they are discontinued now, so there's no way to price a new one).

zackcrack00

Members
So basically i am paying 2 more dollars for a used filter then i could get a new one. What the heck?

You paid $65 and i get it for $55 and i still need to go and get a $12 part? For a used filter? Why are u trying to scam me? Im not stupid.

She's not the kind of person to scam anyone. I know her pretty well. That is a good deal for a filter like that.

fish

Banned
Oh ok gotcha. Did not realize it was discontinued. But i still feel scammed.

1).why are the parts so easy to find if its discontinued obviously there are a few to go around then...

2). I saw them going for $55 on other forums like new so whoever said it will cost me $125 is wrong

3). It is suggested for 100 gallons. As stated i need 200+. (My tank is 240)

Look, im not trying to come across rude (im sure i have but i am not trying to...) i just am curious about how the parts are so easy to get and stuff.

I recently got scammed by a member on here that i drove 2 hours to waldorf to get an ID shark from then he went to work so i waited ANOTHER 6 hours in waldorf then he says his brothers home go to him then the guy answers and he has no brother. Then he no longer answers texts. WTF! Other then getting a beautiful 30 gallon from prince (thanks buddy! Will be put to good use!) i wasted 8 hours of my day with no explanation!

So i had to keep my guard up sorry :'(

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Russ hit the nail on the head. There isn't a single commercial cannister that I am aware of that is "rated" for a 240. Multiple FX5s (or FX6s that are now available) or a sump are the ticket.

And you are being rude. I'm not aware that there are any new large cannister filters that are in the $65 range brand new out of the box. You'd have a hard time getting an AC110 for that unless it was on super sale.

Acpape0

Members

Note to self....
Do not sell or offer to sell anything to ^^^ first attempt to gouge members with old tank purchased for dollars at yard sale then insult a person over a fair price without doing any research first...
Seems to be hit or miss around here with the minors ( some are pretty cool others ^^^ not so much)

Rant over

fish

Banned
Note to self....
Do not sell or offer to sell anything to ^^^ first attempt to gouge members with old tank purchased for dollars at yard sale then insult a person over a fair price without doing any research first...
Seems to be hit or miss around here with the minors ( some are pretty cool others ^^^ not so much)

Rant over

I did not gouge anyone with a tank and that was clear as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.