• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Marge618 Malawi 55g tank

marge618

CCA member
Thanks to Tony (great information on Haps at November CCA meeting) and Chris Todd (who sold me the Haps) I now have a 55g Malawi tank with MBUNA, Peacocks, and Haps!

stock:

MBUNA
4 juvenile yellow labs Labidochromis caeruleus (Lion's Cove I) +1 adult = Yellow with black fin
4 red tops Metriaclima gallirey (megrialima gallireye) 2 male 2 female = black and blue vertical stripes and red top fin

Peacock
4 Aulonocara Stuartgranti Maleeri 1 male 3 female (gold with blue face)

HAPS = New fish
4 Protomelas steveni "Taiwan Reef" one male (4-4.5") and three female = fuller and shorter body than most Haps

(other: 1 bushy nose plech and one synodontis multepulciana)

lots of rocks, 3 inches of white and gray gravel, an undergravel filter, two sponge filters, and a theo heater)

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sounds great, Marge! Got any pictures? I'd love to see some.

Get your syno some friends! Multipunctatus like to be in groups. Next to petricola, they are my favorite synos . . . So beautiful.

marge618

CCA member
Get your syno some friends! Multipunctatus like to be in groups. Next to petricola, they are my favorite synos . . . So beautiful.

Holly: I think they are both great. I have six petricola in another tank. Have you kept pet and multi together?

No, I've never kept them together. IMHO, four is a good group number of multipunctatus (which I actually like better than petricola, but my tanks are small, so I need the smaller version)