• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Flowerhorn identification

adi51096

Members
Hello everyone:)
This is Aditya from india.It's my fist post on this site so i'm really excited about getting replies from you all :)
i have a question for you all,i have a juvenile flowerhorn of size 2 inches(approx) but don't know it's typer.My LFS said that it is a shortbody pearlspot flowerhorn.I'm posting some pics,hope you all will help me.
DSC_0090 (2).jpg

DSC_0090 (2).jpg

Last edited:

adi51096

Members
Thanks festeadan
But are you sure?even my friend said that it's a zz.Do you know what color it will get when he will grow?

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
It is not possible to determine adult color in a hybrid without knowing lineage. The possibility of it being a fader also makes determining color a challenge. Could you post another pic focusing on the head? I am looking around the eye for indicators of possible type.

adi51096

Members
I got him from my LFS.And that's what I'm saying,even my friend said that he is a zz.That's why I need confirmation,and can anyone tell me what colour it will get when he will grow?

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Idk.I bought him when he was around 1 inch

It's a zz but ask lfs if they know where or who bred it then try to get pics of parents Chris made a good point it's gonna be tough only time will tell unless you know the lineage.

Also welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

adi51096

Members
Thanks localzoo.
Bit I don't think that they know who are the parents.They must have got him in wholesale.so the chances are very less that they know anything about his parents

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Still might be worth a try. Make a friend there it will help out when you have questions like this ( they might not know but can point you in the right direction.)

adi51096

Members
I asked them,they said that it was from a king kamfa idk what they said exactly:/ :(

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I asked them,they said that it was from a king kamfa idk what they said exactly:/ :(

Ok so it's a hybrid of a zz and a parrot. Kk's are newer strain he might look like a kamfa with a fan tail and two rows of flowers depending on sex and parents he might be stunning. That's as far as my knowledge of flower horns goes. Some end up with red eyes but that's rare.