• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish Medicine

frankoq

Members
Per recent incidents from various members, I realized I'm kind of clueless as to what to use to medicate fish.
So, how about this thread to list the various medicines you all use and also list for what symptoms they are used.

Sorry if a repost. But I hope this helps us have a central place of reference when our beloved fish do not feel so good. :)

Maybe list:
Medicine:
For what symptoms:
duration of treatment:
Side effects:

Thanks.

Acpape0

Members
Per recent incidents from various members, I realized I'm kind of clueless as to what to use to medicate fish.
So, how about this thread to list the various medicines you all use and also list for what symptoms they are used.

Sorry if a repost. But I hope this helps us have a central place of reference when our beloved fish do not feel so good. :)

Maybe list:
Medicine:
For what symptoms:
duration of treatment:
Side effects:

Thanks.

+1

I ordered everything that was mentioned on my thread...... Buy now and you won't have to eat the price of 2 day air shipping like I did

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

neut

Members
For several years, this has been my go to reference for information about fish meds, especially anything beyond my usual choices. There's four total pages, starting with a page on the basic principles of treating fish, then detailed information on a wide range of medications. He also has pages on specific fish diseases.

He has information I rarely, if ever, see elsewhere, based on his research and years in the aquarium maintenance business. For example, water conditions (e.g. hardness) that affect a medication's usefulness, meds that can effectively be combined, meds that shouldn't be combined, meds that become toxic when out of date, etc.

Acpape0

Members
So what did you stock up on?
I ordered the whole list on my thread. I also added metro infused flakes. I plan on feeding them for a few days every time I add fish. Poly seemed to help me out so far and I plan on keeping that one in stock at all times. The metro+ i bought from HOT is $10 bucks and is only enough for one dose in a 125 so I don't think I will keep that one around. Those little vials from seachem for kens are the way to go IMO

Yeah metro plus is a rip! The seachem metro vial is pure and treats several times more for half the cost. With metro its safe to double or even triple dose so you can pour 2+ full bottles of metro plus in a 125! With meds I always try to isolate in a 10 gal to save money. Meds can get awful expensive.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frankoq

Members
Medicine: API Super ick cure (powder)
For what symptoms: Ick (salt looking grains on fish body
duration of treatment: see video
Side effects: None

I followed the instructions on this video and all worked fine.

[YT]n_oluQ_7dUg[/YT]

Acpape0

Members
Polyguard

PolyGuardª is an effective treatment and safeguard against all prevalent bacterial, fungal, and parasitic diseases of exotic fish. Contains malachite green, sulfa, quinacrine, and nitrofurazone medications

A must have med