• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Brichardi and Electric Yellow Tank

milangdo

Members
I have finished converting my heavily planted 92 corner shrimp and neon tank into an African Rift Lake paradise… All I have to do now is add the fish.
New Tank.jpg

I have about a hundred pounds of crushed coral sand and aragonite on top of Styrofoam (to protect the glass) as my substrate.
I was quoted 2.50 a pound for rock at the aquarium store, or $48 per ton at the Stone Store, so I bought about 400 pounds worth and maybe put in about half of it into the tank.

I threw in a few of my old corkscrew vallisineria and giant valliseneria and some small strands of hornwort into the tank. I think the val may live long term, but the hornwort is intended as a nitrate sponge in the early stages of the tank. My old setup was planted, so I have more than enough lighting (2 of my 3 strips are just set to moonlight now).

As far as livestock I am going to be throwing in about a dozen Neolamprologus Brichardi and a half dozen electric yellows. I am going to throw the yellows in first and let them establish territories because I think the Brichardi may be more aggressive in the end and probably need to go in second.

I have a homemade sump but will probably throw in a canister filter in on the side due to the increase bio load.

Any advice on undertaking this epic journey?

First fish should go in tonight.

New Tank.jpg

milangdo

Members
Decided to make it species only with Brichardi.

Much more interesting than my old neons.

Here is the picture of my first 10.

I think I'm going to leave this as specieso only for a few months atleast to see if they breed.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg