• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Newly dirted 20h

ErnieG

Members
I like your bunch of grasses on the left. When they reach full height they'll be awesome.

Thanks, the plan is for that area to get full jungle val. And I can't wait for all of the ludwigia to reach the top as well, then my tanks look will be complete.

Kelvin

Members
organic soil

Newly dirted 20 gallon that has organic soil capped with pool filtered sand, I just planted this tank 10min ago. Tell me what you guys think(Becca)lol, I figured you may like this one.

Which brand name of organic soil did you purchase?

ErnieG

Members
I swear these plants grow everyday lol, I encourage everyone to do a dirted tank look at the time in the growth.

image.jpg

ErnieG

Members
I'm learning a lot about dirted tanks as I go along and another discovery that I made is the fact that your lighting doesn't matter as much. I'm sure you guys heard of the watt per gallon rule when it comes to growing plants, but I have very low wattage on my dirted tanks and they are growing crazy. Plants absorb most of there nutrients through their roots, so all the plants need are the bare minimum of light to photosynthesis.

Becca

Members
If I can get my italian val growing, you'll have to try that. It is red. At least I think that's the italian val.

ErnieG

Members
Growth update after a trim, I also added a trio of double red cacatuoides and I plan to add more fancy guppies.

image.jpg