• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sellers at the Monthly Mini Auctions

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA Members:

Please remember that sellers in the auction are expected to stay until the auction is concluded and collect their pay out before the meeting ends. Over the past several months, there have been a number of sellers who have not collected their payouts. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to keep track of things.

Thanks for the assistance.

Jon

JasonC

Members
Just out of curiosity, is there any way to do the payouts over, say, paypal after the meeting? Maybe for a small extra service fee?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Anything is possible, but going to Paypal would mean having to make deposits and such. The easiest way to do it is to just collect your money at the end of the auction.

Remember, the treasurer is a volunteer position...

rsretep

Members
Hey Jon I know I have donated fish the last few meetings hope there was not a misunderstanding, if I was one my money goes to group.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
This isn't about donations, and I understand that sometimes things pop up and you can't stay for the whole meeting. There were close to 30% of the sellers who left yesterday without collecting the pay out.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Its just my opinion, but Failure to collect payouts should just roll over into a club donation. People need to be responsible for their stuff. Unless one's mom or accountant is a club volunteer to look after one's stuff. :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JasonC

Members
Anything is possible, but going to Paypal would mean having to make deposits and such. The easiest way to do it is to just collect your money at the end of the auction.

Remember, the treasurer is a volunteer position...

This isn't about donations, and I understand that sometimes things pop up and you can't stay for the whole meeting. There were close to 30% of the sellers who left yesterday without collecting the pay out.

Points well taken... and yeah.. if its 30% of the lots, then that is a bit of an issue.

MarkK

CCA Members
Maybe just a reminder like this at the meeting, the large auctions pay weeks later, people may just have forgotten the procedure for the mini-auction.

Is it possible the mini auctions are going too late? I was not there yesterday, but at the previous meeting, the auction went very late and there were significantly fewer bidders at the end (meaning the audience gets deals but the sellers at the end lose out). And it's a long time for someone to stay who only has one or two bags of fish . . . Just a thought.