• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Hybrid Stingrays in Northern VA

Offered these on MFK but too many flakers. I know they aren't cichlids but I thought I'd give the CCA a shot since everyone is pretty local and a transaction would be much easier.

- 4" M, eating very well. eats blackworms, blood worms, market shrimp , red wigglers, cut up nightcrawlers, and now pigging on carnivore sinking pellets (main diet)! Possible parents are a marble motoro, motoro, and pearl $150 obo

#3 - 5" M, eating very well on carnivore pellets, shrimp and worms, nice and thick $350 obo

- 4.5" F, batgirl! pig and super thick. blackworms, bloodworms, red wigglers, cut up nightcrawlers, market shrimp and carnivore pellets Possible parents are a marble motoro, motoro, and pearl $150 obo

#6 - 6" F, Big momma, shrimp, worms, carnivore pellets, eats like a pig. $350 obo

- 5-6" F, Feeding VERY well on blackworms, blood worms, red wigglers, cut up nightcrawlers, market shrimp and carnivore pellets (main diet). Bottom, darker ray in the last pic. Parents are a true flower and jag. $700 obo

Thanks for looking,
Andrew

Thanks! The guy I got them from wouldn't sell just one and I only had my eye on two or three. I've decided which ones I want to keep and am trying to get rid of the rest. I had to evict the cichlids in this tank into a tiny 75g so I need to move these rays quick!

Matt

Members
Interested in #2 and #6 but I can't take them yet. I just set-up a 210 this week looking to put some rays, cats, ect... Would you be willing to hold them for while? I live in Germantown, any chance to see them in person and maybe work out a deal?

It's a possibility. You might be able to check out the azuls too to see if they'd be big enough for your tank. I'd rather not hold the fish unless paid for. too many guys have told me to hold the rays and then backed out.

This is ado124 from MFK btw.

Matt

Members
I figured, how are you? I would not back out if we could make a deal but it is going to take some time, I dont want to cycle a tank with a stingray...sure you understand. I would also be into the azuls again now that I have this tank set-up again.

completely understand matt. just let me know when you're ready for them.

Jose, I'm in Alexandria near springfield mall.

Not much of an awesome tank.....they're all couped up in a 120g. I'm doing 30% water changes everyday and it's getting old. I'd like to move the 3 I want to keep to the bigger tank and be done with it.

Matt

Members
Andrew, I appreciate it. I will keep you posted but I don't want to hold you up, if you find another buyer before I am ready, do what you have to do. and maybe we can still talk 'Azuls'.
Thanks, Matt

YSS

Members
I am interested. But only one. How big do they get? I have a 265G tank with bunch of fish including tiny tetras. Would the rays get along with earth eaters, discus, clown loaches? Would they eat small fish? Would they be ok as single?

They will eat small fish and produce a lot of waste. The tetras wouldn't last long. Them being hybrids, I'm not sure how big they'll get but generally you don't want a tank with less than a 3' depth (front to back) for rays unless they are the smaller species (hystrix and reticulated).

YSS

Members
They will eat small fish and produce a lot of waste. The tetras wouldn't last long. Them being hybrids, I'm not sure how big they'll get but generally you don't want a tank with less than a 3' depth (front to back) for rays unless they are the smaller species (hystrix and reticulated).

I see ... So, no rays for me in this tank. :(

Lively

Members
as long as they kid doesn't fit in the rays mouth, they can coexist! :jumpy:

Don't force yourself to choose one or the other!

i about snorted my drink out my nose... too funny.

They are cool. Wish I had space, time and money to do them.

Lol, payments maybe but can't do dovii. I need to make room not replace with fish that will require the whole tank to themselves....

We can workout a payment thing. I'd prefer to sell local anyways. Let me know if you're interested.