• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Newly dirted 20h

ErnieG

Members
Newly dirted 20 gallon that has organic soil capped with pool filtered sand, I just planted this tank 10min ago. Tell me what you guys think(Becca)lol, I figured you may like this one.

image.jpg

Becca

Members
I think the symmetrical placement of the caves looks like oogly eyes :-D!

If it were mine, I'd move the wood and sprite left, and keep some taller plants on the left and fill out with some shorter stuff on the right.

That said, it may look a lot different in a week when it's started to grow out. Can't wait to see more pics!!!

ErnieG

Members
The water sprite has grown bait and so has the ludwigia, I will post more pics when it fills out.

AquaStudent

Members
Hehe googly eyes (@Becca)
I think this scape is good. You may want to have the sword a little further from the side to give it more room to spread out. The red plant (is that ludwigia?) Would look nice highlighting the left side with the sprite.
Can't wait to see this grow out

ErnieG

Members
Hehe googly eyes (@Becca)
I think this scape is good. You may want to have the sword a little further from the side to give it more room to spread out. The red plant (is that ludwigia?) Would look nice highlighting the left side with the sprite.
Can't wait to see this grow out

That's a good idea, i have found out that swords and ludwigia love dirt. My ludwigia only grows that red color in dirt and substrate like flourite.

ErnieG

Members
Nice how long did you cycle it?
I want to do a planted tank so I've been checking everyone's set up to get ideas

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

This is what I do step by step to cycle my tank and I do it this way because I had great results with my first dirted tank. I use old filter media/sponge filter, and I let work for about 3 hours and then I add bacteria that you buy from your lfs. Last but not least I add a durable fish such as guppies and zebra danios to help feed the bacteria that I just added to the tank.
With dirted tank I find that the old media and adding a fish to the tank really cycles your tank fast and efficient. I hope that helps you and good luck with your dirted tank, I will gladly help you along the way buddy.

Becca

Members
Nice! I totally thought the reflections from your fingers were fish. I just spent several minutes staring trying to figure out what kind of fish those were.

ErnieG

Members
Lol, I hate that glare that comes thru my window when I'm trying to take pics. I just have bushy nose Pleco and 1 solid red guppy, I think I'm going to go with guppies and a pair of apisto borelli in this tank.

Becca

Members
I think you'd like some little Darios... mine are asking me for a new home because I ignore them too much. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that the only place I have for their tank is the "junk room."

ErnieG

Members
Lol, I could use them in my 10gallon dirted tank, it's fully cycled but I'm not finish planting it. Looking for some blyxa japonica and some broad leaf ludwigia.

Becca

Members
If you decide you're interested, let me know. I have 2 or 3 D. kajal and 1 D. dario. I've also got 4 eques pencils and a stray endlers in that tank that came with some cherry shrimp.

I'm thinking of just making it a shrimp tank since I tend to forget about it more than I'd like.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
This is what I do step by step to cycle my tank and I do it this way because I had great results with my first dirted tank. I use old filter media/sponge filter, and I let work for about 3 hours and then I add bacteria that you buy from your lfs. Last but not least I add a durable fish such as guppies and zebra danios to help feed the bacteria that I just added to the tank.
With dirted tank I find that the old media and adding a fish to the tank really cycles your tank fast and efficient. I hope that helps you and good luck with your dirted tank, I will gladly help you along the way buddy.

Thanks will do

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
If you decide you're interested, let me know. I have 2 or 3 D. kajal and 1 D. dario. I've also got 4 eques pencils and a stray endlers in that tank that came with some cherry shrimp.

I'm thinking of just making it a shrimp tank since I tend to forget about it more than I'd like.

I'd give you all of the fish in the tank for $15 - so that's 3 or 4 darios, 4 pencils, and a stray endler's. I could even throw a few RCS in the bag.