• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Have you reserved your BFD room?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've got mine!

Even though I live very close to the hotel, being able to stay up late, drink beer with my buddies and swap stories makes it completely worth it in my book. Not something we as adults get to do very often any more. :)

One of my favorite aspects of going to these things.

dogofwar

CCA Members
If you're going to stay over one night, make it Saturday night (Feb 28).

The Rare Fish Auction runs late, hospitality (i.e. free beer) even later... and you'll have a blast hanging out with all of the speakers and bunches of out-of-town fish geeks from across the country... not to mention having to only stumble out of bed to see the Sunday AM speaker and go to the Sunday Marketplace.

The Hilton in Gaithersburg is a really nice hotel and $95 per night is a great rate. If it's possible, split the room with a buddy and have a great time without having to worry about driving there and back...

Matt

I've got mine!

Even though I live very close to the hotel, being able to stay up late, drink beer with my buddies and swap stories makes it completely worth it in my book. Not something we as adults get to do very often any more. :)

One of my favorite aspects of going to these things.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I've got mine reserved for 2 nights.
Can't go and not stay. I've tried it both ways. I have to stay. LOL

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've got mine reserved for 2 nights.
Can't go and not stay. I've tried it both ways. I have to stay. LOL

With that in mind, I'll be bringing a bottle of nice amaretto.

Drinks are on me, pal. :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
One of the reasons that we host an event like this is so that members of the fishkeeping community in our area can get to hang out, talk fish and otherwise get to know each other in ways that just aren't possible during regular monthly meetings or on the forum.

Great reason to register for the full event as well (vs. just the Marketplace).

Matt

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Booked Friday and Saturday! Like Tony, I live less than 15 minutes from the hotel, but don't want to miss out on late night festivities. Plus, booking a room helps the club towards its goal of earning a discount on the cost of the event rooms.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Way to go guys
This will be my 35th fish convention. I believe that I have stayed at the hotel for 33 of them.

Oh and the wife has been to 34 conventions. LOL

Becca

Members
My hubs says "no" hotel room, but we can get a sitter and stay for the auction/hospitality... He gets to be DD, gosh-darnit!