• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish rack

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Hey so might go out and buy a few tanks at the sale this weekend but need help building a rack with 2x4 for a few 20 longs and a few 10s possibly 3 tier rack any help with constructing the rack or resources for DIY (Im pretty handy I could prob build it myself) but need help figuring out weight distribution types of joints etc.

I already have
1-20l
2-10s
Any advice or help would be cool thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevin911

Members
I dont have experience but willing to take directions lol. Let me know what day you want to start, my replacement you know what comes this Friday so I'm hoping to get it install this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I dont have experience but willing to take directions lol. Let me know what day you want to start, my replacement you know what comes this Friday so I'm hoping to get it install this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sweet two projects in one weekend lol

Frank can't see what you posted

And thanks Christine I remember seeing the post a while back. I don't have anywhere to a anchor it to the ceiling in my place lol

chriscoli

Administrator
You might not need to.....watch the videos, I made mine a bit taller than his. And there are some in the background of one of his videos that are tiered. When you pause it, you can see how they're built.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
You might not need to.....watch the videos, I made mine a bit taller than his. And there are some in the background of one of his videos that are tiered. When you pause it, you can see how they're built.

Ok cool I will def look into it.
Ps I need to get on you level lol
You do as many if not more projects than me.

Becca

Members
I'm going to attempt a rack in a month or two, when someone is around to make sure I don't saw my fingers off.

I want to do a stepped rack, with a 40B on the bottom and then 20Ls and 10's on the next two levels... We'll see if I can figure that one out.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Quick, easy, inexpensive and flexible way to make racks is with concrete blocks and 2 by wood.

My fishroom has three level racks built this way...

Matt

JasonC

Members
Good if you have the room... but the block footprint is huge and eats a lot of space... For instance, in the next week or so I am going to be doing a T. judy style rack for 6 end out 15's that has to fit into a nook that is 30" wide by 72" tall. No way I could do that with block...

Jeff721

Members
I would consider using all 20 longs instead of trying to fit in 10 gallons. If you need more "tanks" consider dividing the 20s. Would make it a lot easier to not have to change dimensions on any part of the racks.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Went to HD slim pickings no good or should I say straight 2x4's left with six still need six more.

on the way home from picking up my daughter my radio speakers started to cut out

To make things even better didn't sleep last night and barely passed Econ exam....

Long list to do this weekend hope I can get it all done.

Ohh and asking my buddy(an electrician) to help with adding an electrical outlet and possible extra fuse to put all the fish related stuff on it. Hopefully he doesn't flake

Thanks guys and girls

Localzoo

Board of Directors
So small update got the wood thanks to my little bro who went to a further Home Depot. Downside he wanted my saw in return to build his skateboard grind box/rail.
So will begin building tomorrow or late next week

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1396728619.947748.jpg