• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Photo Workshop

I want to "THANK" Wendy for opening up her home this past Saturday while doing the photo workshop. I personally learned a lot and looking forward to using some of the information which was put out.

She also has a very nice collection of tanks, I was most impressed with the Tropheus tank. As the owner of nothing but head bangers myself it was very strange to see 1 tank with like 30 fish in it. It almost made me think about doing at least 1 African tank.... hmmmmmmm thought gone.

Thanks again Wendy.........

BTW I also learned what (striping females) actually means up to Sat I had NO idea even though I have seen the term used a 100 times.....

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sounds like it was a good time. :)

Thanks to Wendy and Ethan for doing this!

Anyone have any pictures?

WendyFish

Members
Definitely looking forward to seeing some pics! I know I saw lots of good ones that were taken.

I was really happy that the group came, it really energized me to be hanging around others who enjoy fish and taking pictures of them. I have been a bit in a rut lately, so thank you for bringing your creativity around!

spazmattik

Members
Good post Terrell!

I have been meaning to get a post up about this as well. I also wanted to thank Wendy for everything as well as share my progress from before and after the work shop.

My first picture is one I took of my grammode before I even signed up for the work shop..
109_1293 (Small).jpg

1st.. Wendy started us off by having us switch to our manual modes and (taught me at least) the right settings to use.
109_1301 (Small).JPG

2nd.. Wendy mentioned that with faster shutter speeds, there needs to be more light. This was probably mentioned with the 1st step but I thought there was already enough light.. As you can see from the previous picture, I was wrong. :p
109_1309 (Small).jpg
No fish! Don't go toward the light! Next I learned not to point straight at the tank, and angle the camera instead. (also avoid other lights bouncing off the tank)

After that my pictures started to look like I knew what I was actually doing! :D
109_1317 (Small).jpg
Caught some fry hanging out
109_1314 (Small).jpg

Finally, taking pictures of other peoples fish might win you photo of the month and all but you still need to take pictures of your own fish! Especially after learning all this cool stuff!
109_1376 (Small).jpg

We also learned some great tips for a little editing. (none of these pictures are cropped or edited in any way) This is the only part of the workshop I don't have a visual for because I haven't got around to using GIMP much yet. The workshop was great, I really enjoyed myself. Thanks again Wendy! You rock! :D

109_1293 (Small).jpg

109_1301 (Small).JPG

109_1309 (Small).jpg

109_1314 (Small).jpg

109_1317 (Small).jpg

109_1376 (Small).jpg