• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Back in the game

Hi All,
My name is Steven, and I am back in the hobby after several years-- but this time, in Baltimore (a new place for me).

I am a former member of the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association and the Milwaukee Area Aquarium Society, and am just now becoming familiar with the scene in the Mid-Atlantic.

Tanganyikans drew me back, but I have kept and bred many from Tanganyika, Victoria, and Malawi.

I am starting small with a 30g breeder N. Multifasciatus species tank, and am hoping to build a colony by pulling in a few from the colonies of others. If anyone is thinning out their colony, drop me a line!

I just joined CCA and look forward to meeting you all, and am excited for the events that I see on the calendar. Also, anyone is moonlighting in cider/wine homebrew, lets talk!

Localzoo

Board of Directors
welcome there's a meeting on the 8th you might find some in the auction. there is also a breeding list if you search for old world species bred in cca. I also brew and make cider

Below is the link to the online worksheet that includes the species being bred by CCA members. The spreadsheet includes the scientific name, common name, and members breeding the fish:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoGzdhe0iUv5dGxfd0s1WWJnZzdHcy1vdi01V2JLYkE&usp=sharing

I wanted to create a new thread that included the link in the first post so that its easy to always find the spreadsheet.

If you have any additions, deletions, corrections, etc - please PM either myself or thedavidzoo

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Definitely come to the meeting on the 8th and AquaMania 2 - The Big Fish Deal a few weeks later.

Thank you

I am pretty excited for the Aquamania event. It is not often that I am attending a conference/convention-type event that I am totally stoked about.

The 8th is looking good as well.

The index of club breeding activity is great, thanks for that.

So far I have been to House of Tropicals and the site of a store in Randallstown that apparently no longer exists. Can anyone clue me in about the places in the area that one should know about? I am always up for Saturday and Sunday driving.

wsantia1

CCA Members
Hi Steve,

I am also member of the GCCA but I am leaving the Chicago area to move back east. They are having a big swap on Feb 16th but I don't need anything. I will probably go to say goodbye to some friends.

Willie

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Welcome!
Defenitely check out beltway aquarium. The customer service sucks and they dont have africans but last time I went they had electric eels, red devils, dovii fry, armatus payaras, H.aimara, cuban cichlids, black rhoms, , mbu puffers, H.curupira, , aligator gars, C.myersi, gulper cats, wallago leeri, silver arowanas, rtc, and niger cats are just a small fraction of their impressive stock.
Also check out congressional aquarium. It's pretty pricey but their stock is super high quality. I buy all of my saltwater fish and corals there. I was talking to the manager (Greg) a little while ago about africans and he said that they get all of their africans from this wholesaler in NY I believe who -according to him- can get just about anything.

Last edited: