• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tanked vs Fish Tank Kings?

rich_one

Members
Meh. Watch 'em both, and don't really like one more significantly than the other, yet anyway. But the jellyfish tank on Tanked was seriously cool! LOL...

-Rich

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I've only seen Tanked because I don't get the channel (NG Wild) that shows Fish Tank Kings. The previews seem ok but my DVR stays full enough...

chris_todd

Members
I think they both suck, unless I'm drunk, in which case I like Tanked. The fish and tank build stuff is cool and everything, but if I'm sober, I can't get past the horrid scripting and terrible acting. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I enjoy Tanked. I've watched most of them.
I have only caught part of one of the Kings show.

I need to see more to decide.
But as bad as the acting may be, (they are not supposed to be acting) you still have to admit, its fun seeing some of these big tanks.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Same sentiment here - I have yet to see TFK as I don't have the channel in HD so I don't normally flip through that part of the TV guide to know when it is on. Tanked has some cool set ups, but I think the fabricated drama is overboard, and I really don't like the look of the fake coral that is used in the tanks.

verbal

CCA Members
Same here! I dont get the channel for FTK. I like tanked. A little too much overacting though.

In general I find the tanks on Tanked at least interesting. It definitely could do without the overacting/manufactured drama.

I lost Nat Geo Wild when we switched to HD FIOS and didn't want our bill to skyrocket :( Nat Geo Wild is probably the channel we miss the most - we don't even really miss HBO.

csolo541

Tanked all the way. They are way more entertaining even if they BS for the cameras. They also show more of the tank making and the fish involved.

Not a fan of the people on FTK or the show in general.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
In general I find the tanks on Tanked at least interesting. It definitely could do without the overacting/manufactured drama.

I lost Nat Geo Wild when we switched to HD FIOS and didn't want our bill to skyrocket :( Nat Geo Wild is probably the channel we miss the most - we don't even really miss HBO.

Hmm, I get it as part of our triple play up here. I don't have any premium channels.

dlfn1

Members
i've seen FTK once and tanked a half dozen times. i like the personalities of those on tanked better. on both shows though, their acting is horrible!
i'm not a fan of the fake coral either.

mdlnewman

Members
Ok I watched 3 episodes of FTK now and it is stupid, amazing amounts of fake drama and they don't show you anything about how they design or build anything. OMG they just put in a nice tank at the race car drivers house and it blew a breaker and they acted like the battery backup was the solution???

Yes the Tanked guys have fake drama also, just not as much cause they actually spend time on the design and build. The boys on Tanked are much better on screen.

Overall Tanked has better personality, better explanations and better production. Better show all round.