• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How are the Blogs used?

JustRon

Members
I am messing around with one and saw a few others that were started but seemed to go nowhere. How is the best way to structure one, organize it, or even how to use the category features.

Are they part of searches on the software?

Other than using the pulldown for BLOGS, are they easy for people to find and participate in?

Lastly, Shoud a portion be public and another private for members to encourage more to join or stay in the club? Not that MY blog will attract that attention, but maybe if there is a lot of information in it, it could.

Lively

Members
I know why mine seems to go nowhere... just haven't had time to post to it. I think structure and organization is what you like personally.

I created three catagories: Electric Blues, Apistosgramma Hongsloi and Experimental Tanks. For description I expanded a bit on the title, such as Electric Blues I wrote, "Keeping and breeding Jack Dempesy "electric blue" The other two catagories I've not used yet - but they are there for when I want to use them.

JustRon

Members
ok, so after I place my first post up there, do I just keep editting the same post over and over again until it is one long post?

Do I instead add comments?

Lively

Members
Nope - comments are usually from other members. Like the one I'm going to go add in a couple of minutes...

Lively

Members
LOL! Yes, it is right to respond to the comments just like a thread... I'm assuming (never smart - but I don't claim to be smart all the time - ask George lol) that is what you meant by "oh crap"?

Lively

Members
ahh, I see what you're talking about now! (see I assumed wrong! lol) When you add a new "thought" add it as a blog entry under the category where it belongs. It will be like a thread when someone clicks on the category.