• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New to the club

Adawson88

Members
Thought I'd introduce myself... I work for an animal hospital so you;d think there would be some fish lovers, but I talk fish and they just look at me weird so joining this club will do me some good. I always had an aquarium as a child; in fact I started with tetras instead of goldfish :D My favorite had been my Oscar so I decided to get back into things and got myself a few Mbunas/Haps... but someone gave me a pair of what I was told to be Pundamilia nyererei but I am not certain since there are many species that look very similar. I just know I need to get a hold of at least one female more because he chases his poor girl around constantly. Right now her only help is my juvenile Electric Blue Ahli whose markings look very similar to the female... Anyway... happy to join this club and can't wait to see what I can learn on here!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Hi Alyse,
Welcome to the forum. I see you live in SS. Our club usually meets in SS. We do not have a July or August meeting. Instead, we are having a club member's cook out in August. It appears that you have joined our forum. You will certainly benefit from the information shared here. Since you are local, it may be to your best interest to truly join our club. This will give you access to our complete forum, special club events and help you to get to know other members better.

As for help identifying your fish, post up a couple decent pics and you will surely get the identification you are looking for. Many club members keep the same fish as you do (and then some) and would be happy to assist.

turfboss

Members
Welcome to the forum

Alyse - Welcome to the forum (and since you do live "next door" to where we hold our meetings you should truly join the club and come to the meetings) -

You can certainly come to the meetings in any case but it is very useful to be a CCA Member - membership does have it's benefits - such as access to the members only parts of the forum - and an invite to the picnic on August 11 at Jon Clark's in Frederick.

Hope to see you at a meeting or the picnic soon and again welcome to our group :)

Beeman

Members
Welcome to the forum Alyse. You will find this forum to be very useful I'm sure. Very well informed folks. You will find that no question goes unanswered, regardless your experience level. The meeting are quite informal, yet very well organized and attended. Try to make one. You would not leave disappointed, but likely with a new list of friends. Do enjoy CCA!