• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

75 Gallon with 32 fish. Can I add more?

Vinh2o

Members
I just ran across a deal on some Yellow Tail Acei. Right now I have 32 fish. A mix of Rustys, Yellow Labs, Afra / Dog Tooth, Electric Blue Johanni, and Albino Socolofi. I have 2 AC 110s running which gives me a 1000 GPH turnover rate. I currently try to commit to a 25% water change per week. Do you think I can acquire the Acei or have reached my limits.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skanda

Members
I have an 75 with around 20 plus peacock and haps. The yell;ow tail acies grow fast. Mine grew from 10 fry to 4+ inchers in over 12 + months. Limit reached

Siklid

Members
The rule that I have heard and used is 1 fish per 2 gallons. Stay just shy of the rule would let you put 36 fish in the tank. You are very close to your limits. Maybe if you up the water change amount to 40%. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, I have 26 mbuna (yellow tail acei, yellow lab, rusties, melanochromis, white hara, red tail shark) in a 55 gallon w/marineland 360. I do weekly 40-50% water changes and have had no problems. That is my limit for this tank, though I haven't taken any water parameter measurements. The fish seem healthy and smile all the time at feeding time LOL.