• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Know a kid who would LOVE a free 10g set-up?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Know a kid who would LOVE a free 10g set-up?

Once again, Aqueon has donated a bunch of 10g set-ups for our Give a Kid a Tank Contest!

The rules are simple:

Children between ages 7 and 14 will submit their answer to the question, Why would I like to have an aquarium? in the media of their choice (e.g. written essays, pictures, collages, mixed media, YouTube videoswhatever) to the address (or email address) listed in the link below to be received no later than Saturday, February 27, 2016.

Kids who win will set up their tanks in the lobby of the Hilton on Saturday of the event (after a quick class on setting up and maintaining tanks).

More details here: http://capitalcichlids.org/aquamania/?page_id=57

We've had some amazing entries and decorated tanks in the past.

All kids who enter or show up will win something...

Please let your friends, neighbors and others who have a kid who'd like a tank to enter!

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Also, please PM me if you'd like to help with the Give a Kid a Tank Contest. Having a couple of folks to assist the kids, help fill the tanks, etc. would be great. It's from ~12:30 - 1:30 PM (lunch hour) on Saturday of the event (Mar 5), so you won't miss any speakers.

Also, going to encourage kids to use natural materials in their tanks, so would appreciate donations of small pieces of wood, rocks, (easy) live plants and other decor. I've got plenty of gravel and sand.

Plan to buy a couple of dozen danios or other bulletproof fish from Petsmart prior, unless someone can donate some. Just PM me.

This is serious fun and the kids are just out of their minds excited at the prospect of getting to set-up and show off their fish tanks!

Thanks,
Matt

Forester

Members
Also, please PM me if you'd like to help with the Give a Kid a Tank Contest. Having a couple of folks to assist the kids, help fill the tanks, etc. would be great. It's from ~12:30 - 1:30 PM (lunch hour) on Saturday of the event (Mar 5), so you won't miss any speakers.

Also, going to encourage kids to use natural materials in their tanks, so would appreciate donations of small pieces of wood, rocks, (easy) live plants and other decor. I've got plenty of gravel and sand.

Plan to buy a couple of dozen danios or other bulletproof fish from Petsmart prior, unless someone can donate some. Just PM me.

This is serious fun and the kids are just out of their minds excited at the prospect of getting to set-up and show off their fish tanks!

Thanks,
Matt

I signed up for the registration desk during that time :( I'm gonna try to find someone to back me up, I really want to help with this.

Anybody want some time at the desk (12-2)?

Matt I have a bunch of unnatural decor, and I may be able to find some nice rocks in my backyard.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tangcollector

Staff member
I signed up for the registration desk during that time :( I'm gonna try to find someone to back me up, I really want to help with this.

Anybody want some time at the desk (12-2)?

Matt I have a bunch of unnatural decor, and I may be able to find some nice rocks in my backyard.

If you can't find anybody I will cover for you if you want to do that instead.

Forester

Members
If you can't find anybody I will cover for you if you want to do that instead.

Thanks. I can man the desk from 12:00 to 12:30 and from 1:30 to 2:00 so you would only need to do it from 12:30 to 1:30. Thanks for the help.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Lucas and Greg!

Don't worry about digging up rocks in your back yard. There are plenty to be had for a couple bucks from a landscape store (or extras that people have filling their garages and basements).

Matt

FishEggs

Batfish has regular zebra danios on preorder list for $0.69. Why go to Petsmart?

Also, I am available to help with this event.

Last edited:

Forester

Members
Thanks Lucas and Greg!

Don't worry about digging up rocks in your back yard. There are plenty to be had for a couple bucks from a landscape store (or extras that people have filling their garages and basements).

Matt

It wouldnt be digging up. We got piles of them, some nice stuff in there, like quartz and some other cool stuff. If i see anything cool looking ill bring them.

JLW

CCA Members
I thunk we can do better than zebra danios! :) I'll donate a hundred ish fish for the event.

Just as long as someone remembers to tell the kids to get their fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Agreed. I have spare BNPs I'm happy to give to kids, if desired.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Bump as a reminder to tell a friend with a kid about this :)

MoCo 4H is advertising this in their flyer this month...so get your entries in!

Matt

Forester

Members
Is there anything that can be sent out via email to listserves? If so then I can send it in two or three listserves.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Remind kids to get their entries in soon...

A bunch of kids at my daughter's science fair last night took flyers...

Matt

JLW

CCA Members
Matt, here's the big question -- without thought to price or such, what all would you like to see for the kids fish-wise?

Forester

Members
Honestly, some un-killable danios, white clouds and the like.

Matt

I have hundreds of Endlers, which seem to be very hard to kill, if you would like them. They are colorful and they will breed, which would be cool for the kids.