• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Current Satellite Plus Freshwater LED vs. Marineland LED Double Bright Strip

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Never used the marineland. I have 3 satellite plus fixtures. I like how you can change the color. I don't use the extra features like storm and cloudy day.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'm in the opposite situation. I have the Marineland, but have never used the Current. My guess is that the Current has a higher output and would be much better for growing plants. The Marinelands are fine for viewing fish, but plants don't do all that well with them, at least in my experience.

TMSB805

Members
Currently own both. I prefer the satellite plus. Low light plants grow just fine under the marineland double brights.

carl_d_c

Members
I have the current, very nice, they have the ramp up timers, sold separately, so you can do the dawn to dusk effect automatically, I'm pretty sure that the timers only work with the current lights.

Becca

Members
I love my current plus - it grows EVERYTHING in a 33 long and could probably grow low-light plants and swords in something taller.

TMSB805

Members
I think it's finally time to switch over to the LED world.

A lot of options out there. All my tanks have LEDs. Current, Marineland,and Beamworks. The Beamworks are by far the cheapest in price but are just as good. I'd rank them in this order; current satellite plus, Beamworks, then marineland double bright Currents are only first because of the color options available