• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help moving tanks

chriscoli

Administrator
So, we close on the new house next week. It looks like the best time to move my tanks is on the Sunday after the next CCA meeting (November 9th).

Is anyone available to help? I was planning on getting as many fish moved over in tubs ahead of time as I can and renting a truck that day for the glass and racks.

There are 33 tanks running right now and a few empty ones outside. Most are on the small size (10 to 29) but..."big" tanks include a 6' 100 gallon, 4x40B, a 55' a 4' 60, a 33 long, a 45 tall, and a 3' 65..

I promise there will be food and beverage supplied afterward.

Anyone that can help, please send me a PM!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I should be able to help. What time are you thinking of getting started?

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
ACK!!! Christine, I want to help but this is the same day we're having Isaac's b-day party!!!

If there's anything I can help with the weekend before, let me know - I owe you!!!

Also, if it would help you to borrow our 100 gallon stock tank, let me know.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I can probably help, just let me know when to be there. I could also come over saturday after the meeting to move a few if you wanted. My availability sunday may be somewhat limited by the football schedule.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Wish I could help, but we'll be visiting our daughter at college. Good luck with the move. Am happy to offer battery powered air pumps or a couple of buckets, if those would help.

chriscoli

Administrator
Thanks everyone. I haven't finalized times yet but I'm open to suggestions. What is going to work best for folks (hey....y'all are helping me out...I'm not going to be picky about time!)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Checked the football schedule, and its the Redskins bye week, so that makes things a little easier. I can be flexible on time, but probably best to get an early start, maximize daylight hours.

If you don't have a dolly or something similar, this could be a big help:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/4695621408.html

I have a dolly I could bring, but it doesn't have any straps. They come in handy for getting tanks through doorways, or for easy transport over long distances. Let me know if you want me to bring mine.

I have some of the 'forearm forklift' straps I could bring too. Let me know if you need any tubs, air pumps, sponge filters, etc.

chriscoli

Administrator
Good call on the dolley. I have one that I frequently use (the big gray one I bring the AV stuff to the meeting with) but it's not quite as nice as having an appliance dolley.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Good call on the dolley. I have one that I frequently use (the big gray one I bring the AV stuff to the meeting with) but it's not quite as nice as having an appliance dolley.

The craigslist one is not too far from my work, let me know if you'd need me to pick it up. It'd definitely come in handy if you have to move any big furniture or appliances too, but they work well for bigger tanks too.

Let me know if you need any supplies like nets, bags, etc. I generally bag small fish, and put big ones in the tubs with a filter or airstone. I have plenty of bag buddies too, can bring them saturday if needed.

If you have empty tanks, your best bet would be to set up what you can, so that you can take fish over and put them directly into holding tanks. Less worries about rushing to get the tank re-setup, and better conditions for the fish.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Christine:
I think I will be available... just have to tie up a few loose ends on this end.
I have a furniture dolly ( if you want) , a heavy duty (refrig stye) two wheeler, and my van of course E250 cargo van extended body...
I have put a 220 stand and multiple other things in it...
I can fit 12' of length in it.
david

chriscoli

Administrator
You all are fantastic! Is 9 am a good time to get started, or would people prefer earlier? later?

And Becca, yes, I'd love to borrow your stock tank! When is a good time for me to pick it up?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Tots have soccer on Sundays at 11:00... so I could help out earlier on Sunday AM...

The least stressful approach for me has been getting a bunch of 18g rubbermaids with sponge filters and setting them up as holding tanks (at your present house while you break tanks down and at your new place while you get things set up and organized). Just so you stock sensibly, keep air on them and keep them at a reasonable temperature you're good pretty much indefinitely until you get things set up. They've also got lids!

Matt

Last edited:

chriscoli

Administrator
I've gotta move the time back a bit....let's get started at 9:30. Trucks aren't available before 9 am on Sundays so that'll give me time to get the truck.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Does anyone have a set of those carrying straps? Would be nice to use with the 6 footer, especially taking it into the new house.