• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mark your Calendars - AquaMania 3!

Dima

Members
Will be channa fish here?they very aggressive. They had them in home country but no fish shop have here. I pay high money for channa fish. Why they not common:D sold here?

Sorry for poor english.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Will be channa fish here?they very aggressive. They had them in home country but no fish shop have here. I pay high money for channa fish. Why they not common:D sold here?

Sorry for poor english.

Channa are illegal to keep in Maryland. Certain species were released into local waters and have had terrible affects on the ecosystem. You will not find them for sale.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Are you sure this is a REALLY BBBIIIIIGG fish deal? I would hate to waste my time and travel on a medium size fish deal. I need assurances.

By the way, do you know why God created Adam first?

Because he didn't want anyone telling him how to do it.:lol::lol:

dogofwar

CCA Members
The first AquaMania was an unexpectedly big fish deal... the second one was even bigger... and the third will be an even bigger fish deal :)

I'm not the chair this year but I know that we have some absolutely awesome speakers and vendors lined up.

Would be most excellent to have George in attendance :)

Carl - come check it out...and in the meantime come to a monthly CCA meeting (2nd Sat of the month, starting in Jan... as Dec is the club holiday party).

Put Feb 27 - Mar 1 on your calendar and register early.

Matt

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
The next meeting could be tough but this BIG FISH DEAL sounds like something I might have to check out. Sounds like some good stuff going on and I might even know a couple of people there. Big fish show? Can I sell manatees out of my room? How about dolphins? Just ask'in? In case.

Becca

Members
The next meeting could be tough but this BIG FISH DEAL sounds like something I might have to check out. Sounds like some good stuff going on and I might even know a couple of people there. Big fish show? Can I sell manatees out of my room? How about dolphins? Just ask'in? In case.

Only if it gets renamed the "Moderately Sized Aquatic Mammal Deal" :p.

dogofwar

CCA Members
While we've had quite a few attendees and vendors come from out of the area (and from out of the country!) to attend previous AquaMania's ... I think that this one is really going to be the breakthrough in bringing lots of folks from out of town.

As the person who was Chair of our first two AquaMania events, I can't emphasize enough how important it is for members of our club and local fishkeeping community to help make our event a success. It really takes very little from a bunch of people (or a WHOLE LOT from a handful) to pull this off.

So what can you do:
- Mark your calendar and register early. It makes a huge difference to prospective sponsors, vendors, and the organizers to have a bunch of people committed to coming. You know you're coming. It doesn't cost much to register. So please do it early.

- Be an ambassador for our club and the event - Tell your buddies, LFS and vendors that you support that they should participate in AquaMania. Tell them about it and the dates. Give them a flyer or a stack to hand out. Post them on a bulletin board at work. It takes a moment of your time but can make a huge difference.

- Help out in planning and running our event. There are a million little things to do before, during and after the event. Please sign up for SOMETHING when there's a sign-up sheet. At the event, ask if you can lend a hand. There's nothing worse than having to beg for help...

- Stay over at the hotel. We've negotiated an amazing rate. Supporting the Hilton in Gaithersburg allows us to get excellent room rates, rates for meeting rooms and otherwise continue to hold events there. I know that staying over isn't in the cards for everyone (like me), but if you can, please do!

- Err on the side of supporting your club. If your debating whether to register for the full event or just the Marketplace, register for the full event. The included free food and drinks alone will more than make up for the difference. If you're debating whether to split a Marketplace table with a buddy or two or sell stuff in the parking lot, please support your club and get a table. If you're debating whether to donate some fish for the Rare Fish Auction or not, support your club :)

Remember - Friday evening, Feb 27 - Sunday afternoon, Mar 1, 2015. Put it on your calendars now!

Matt