• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pool Maintenance Costs

rich_one

Members
Good luck on the house! Does it have a fishroom in it as well?

Not yet. It does have a space for all of my current tanks though! Fish room will have to be down the line sometime. And thanks... fingers are crossed, on both getting the house, and not biting off more than I can chew with the pool! LMAO! Thanks, guys!

-Rich

daninmd

Members
Well, I understand what you are saying, but not being from Florida, the fact that we can't use it all year round isn't something in my head... so I guess that doesn't bother me in the least. I'm just more doing research to see if it will be an excessive thing to try to maintain or not. My wife has always wanted a pool, and we work as hard as anyone, so I figured if she wants a pool and we can afford the pool, why not?

Frank gave me some information in regards to converting it to saltwater, and that seems like an interesting idea for sure. I'm looking more into it. Definitely appreciate your input! I'm thinking right now that so far, barring something catastrophic, it doesn't seem like an overly expensive thing, so long as we don't mind doing a little work. Maybe I'll be wrong, but it seems like it's worth a try. Thanks for all of the insight... all of you have given me plenty of food for thought, and I'm still mulling over things.

-Rich

gotcha Rich. as far as costs go, I always found the electricity for the pump cost a lot more than chemicals etc. if you go with a freshwater pool I liked the sand filter but saltwater is really the way to go. you will run the pump more when its really hot. I used to have to run the pump about 6-8 hrs a day during peak summer.

rich_one

Members
gotcha Rich. as far as costs go, I always found the electricity for the pump cost a lot more than chemicals etc. if you go with a freshwater pool I liked the sand filter but saltwater is really the way to go. you will run the pump more when its really hot. I used to have to run the pump about 6-8 hrs a day during peak summer.

That seems to be what a lot of people say... 6 to 8 hours in the summer, about 4 hours in the offseason. I'm going to really take a good look at this whole saltwater thing... thanks again, man!

-Rich