• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Scuba Diving in Negril, Jamaica

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I was fortunate enough to go diving twice in Negril Jamaica recently. The water temperatures were in the 70s, so I only needed a diving skin and swim trunks, which was nice.

The dive site was only a few hundred yards offshore, max depth of about 60 feet where we dove. Visibility was great, waters weren't too rough near the resort. The shallow waters hold huge coral structures and tons of fish. We saw a few large nurse sharks, various sizes of stingrays, jellyfish, and plenty of other sea life. Sea turtles and dolphins are sometimes seen, but we didn't come across any in our dives.

A dive photographer went on my second trip, and was able to take pictures of the divers, which I thought was really cool. I'm hoping to do more Caribbean diving in the future, and eventually earn the next level of scuba certification. Here are a few pictures that were taken:

dive1.jpg

dive2.jpg

dive3.jpg

dive4.jpg

dive5.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yeah buddy! Completely jealous. Wish I could have been there. :/

You went down to 60 feet? Solid!

Welcome back.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Super cool, Michael. Looks like you guys had a great time. Congrats on getting married, too!

Thanks Jon.

Yeah buddy! Completely jealous. Wish I could have been there. :/

You went down to 60 feet? Solid!

Welcome back.
Yeah, they're fairly lax on the restrictions for open water divers, but they require training/courses for anything deeper. We had a great time, tough adjustment coming back.