• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How's everyone doing?

I've still got power, but don't know for how long. Have airstone lines connected to powerpac and battery-powered pumps all dropped into the tanks and just waiting. Bucket and siphon standing by to drop water levels. This really sucks.

Who's lost power already?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I too still have power, but the gusts are increasing significantly. I have five tanks here at home with three battery air pumps. Just changed 75% water on all tanks. Not much more I can do.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm still good. Just rain so far. The wind is starting to pick up a bit. I've got the generator in the garage ready to go if the power goes out. Just need to pull it out to the porch, fire it up, and run some extension cords.

chriscoli

Administrator
The wind has picked up significantly, although the rain guage says we've only had about 2.5 inches so far.

Power has flickered twice but not gone out yet....yet...

I'm still good here. We've got the generator, gas, batteries, food, camping supplies, Wii, flashlights and candles ready.

If power goes out, we'll probably camp out downstairs where the the generator is just outside of the doors to power up the heating of the house, tank equipments, TV, cable and Wii.

Arlene

mchambers

Former CCA member
We've still got power here in NW DC, but I'm not optimistic about tonight, since Doug Hill just said the worst will be from 8 to 2 tonight.

Still, I find this experience awe inspiring. Sorry for all the people who will experience significant loss, but it is an amazing reminder of what nature can do.

JasonC

Members
No power here. Biding my time before I start up the 1 battery op bubbler I have here. Front door is leaking like a sieve from bottom jamb and fROM the frame at top... Door faces into the wind too. We are soaking a towel every 20 to 30 minutes.

This sucks.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've still got power, but don't know for how long. Have airstone lines connected to powerpac and battery-powered pumps all dropped into the tanks and just waiting. Bucket and siphon standing by to drop water levels. This really sucks.

Who's lost power already?

You still up, Holly? Maria thinks we're out because of transformers other side Longdraft...

mscichlid

Founder
Using towels a plenty and the carpet cleaner to sop up water. Into washer to spin and into dryer, then back to sopping and sucking. Shop vac is in shed...

chris_todd

Members
Just assume you'll lose power, and then if you don't, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The key to happiness is to set low expectations.

Still have power here, which is good because the sump pumps are going off every 5 minutes. My fish tank rain gauge says we've had about four inches so far here in catonsville.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Just assume you'll lose power, and then if you don't, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The key to happiness is to set low expectations.

Still have power here, which is good because the sump pumps are going off every 5 minutes. My fish tank rain gauge says we've had about four inches so far here in catonsville.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish tank rain gauge, lol. Forgot i had one of those. Will check mine soon. :)

fischfan13

Banned
I almost feel blind. I found out a little while ago that the hurricane touched down near AC. I am 30 miles north of AC but with no power and it being pitch black outside i can only hear the weather.

I am quite surprised how much the wind has tapered off.

Opening another bag of Doritos soon.

Everyone be safe.