• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

This weekend's pickup

chriscoli

Administrator
I just brought home 6, 75 gallon tanks, sump, stand, and plumbing. I'm very excited about the find. It was the last of Discus Hans' setup at his house.

Thanks to Mike for helping me load the truck!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Impressive. Makes my mind reel just thinking of what to put in them. Someone must be getting into bigger fish. Flowerorns? Peacock bass? Stingrays? Arrawana? A colony of fronts? Perfect for breeding pairs of large cichlids and some serious rock formations.

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm not even sure I'm into the bigger fish....I was thinking that I could expand some of my colonies, or do some awesome biotopes, or more rockwork....

It's Tony's fault, he advised me to find some space in the new fishroom to include a few 75s. :)

It was the last of Discus Hans' setup at his house.

PLUS..... they came from Hans, so they are probably still full of the wonderful magic that he has used to breed so many beautiful and magnificent Discus.

Now that magic belongs to you Christine!

Seriously though, IMO 75 gallon tanks are one of the best sizes, big enough that you have a lot of great options and yet still practical in size - great pickup...

Back to the drawing board on your fishroom, isn't that always the case...

chriscoli

Administrator
These were the last of the tanks from his original setup when he started it out of his house. He's in the warehouse now and kept a few at home but these have been empty for a while.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Well, when you said you weren't sure you are into the bigger fish, I realized that I felt exactly the same way, and just thought about what I would do with a 75 gallon tank. I've been thinking about replacing my 55 with a 75 or 90, and what I would put in the new tank, so the answer was obvious.