• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tropheus Keepers

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Who all is keeping tropheus in the club. I am considering getting back into tropheus and was curious what species were already in the club.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Nice. I know there has to be more people with tropheus in the club. I am considering what tropheus just dont know which and if im ready to shell up all that $$$ lol.

Cichlid Lips

Members
Currently keeping:

1. Tropheus Moorii Livua,
2. Tropheus Duboisi
3. Tropheus Kasanga Red Rainbows
4. Tropheus Kiriza
5. Tropheus Bula Point
6. Tropheus Nkonde
7. Tropheus Ulwile

Never met Troph I didn't like.
:D

EDIT: Forgot I also have Tropheus Red Ndole

Lets see some pics of all these fish, I love trophs! Don't see many pics of them on here. I'm considering biying a few dozen anybody breeding?

Sent from my SM-S890L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cichlid Lips

Members
Lets see some pics of all these fish, I love trophs! Don't see many pics of them on here. I'm considering biying a few dozen anybody breeding?

Sent from my SM-S890L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Personally, I know Troyale is breeding Trophs and keeps Red Ndole, Bula Point, and Nkonde. I took all of his fry last weekend, and it's obvious he is a lover to his fish. Hooked as I told him last weekend.
:wub:

He did have mothers of I believe all holding at the time, so it won't be long before he has some ready. {Make him take you on the long tour though if you ever stop by his pad} Did I mention he's got it bad? :)

If you can't find anyone local, shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with several who breed mostly F1 stock of which some are line bred and just beautiful fish.

I also don't want to overstep my bounds and suggest any sites, but there are several you can always count on, and a couple that are ehhh.

I'll help anyone interested in keeping them and have kept Trophs just about 30 years. As mentioned in my intro, I took a short hiatus away to venture over to salt for 7 years but put that hobby to rest for good.

Of course we have no women on our board like this, but Trophs can be pretty high maintenance :eek:

They will sometimes survive in water not changed out once a week, but they certainly do shine a lot better when it is.
;)

For anyone who has successfully kept Discus, these guys are nuttin..

I don't and won't have any pics of mine for quite some time. I've only been collection my groups recently, and ran myself out of room once again.

For anyone curious and not familiar with the names and or what they look like, this is my collection. I have small groups of each.

Red Ndole
tropheus-red-ndole13.jpg

Kiriza
Tropheus%20kiriza.jpg

Red Rainbow
redrainbow2_zps4e677a10.jpg

Tropheus Ulwile
mpimbwe.jpg

Tropheus Nkonde
t-m-nkonde-yellow.jpg

Tropheus Moorii Livua
Tropheus%20moorii%20Lupota.jpg

Tropheus Bula Point
TropheusSPBlackBuluPoint.jpg

Tropheus Duboisi
tropheus_duboisi_maswa_2.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Personally, I know Troyale is breeding Trophs and keeps Red Ndole, Bula Point, and Nkonde. I took all of his fry last weekend, and it's obvious he is a lover to his fish. Hooked as I told him last weekend.

Troyale is the man, for sure. Swung by his place a few months back to pick up his duboisi to fill out my group a bit. I was honestly taken aback by his tanks and the quality and size of his Tropheus collection.

Mark - I wasn't real active in the spring of this year (with my new baby), so missed you coming into our club. It's great to have you here and will certainly use you as a resource if you don't mind asking questions. :)

Keeping only the duboisi now, with a few red Moliros in the tank acting more as target fish than anything else.

Cheers and welcome to the club, friend.

Tony

rich_one

Members

He did have mothers of I believe all holding at the time, so it won't be long before he has some ready. {Make him take you on the long tour though if you ever stop by his pad} Did I mention he's got it bad? :)

If you can't find anyone local, shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with several who breed mostly F1 stock of which some are line bred and just beautiful fish.

I also don't want to overstep my bounds and suggest any sites, but there are several you can always count on, and a couple that are ehhh.

I'll help anyone interested in keeping them and have kept Trophs just about 30 years. As mentioned in my intro, I took a short hiatus away to venture over to salt for 7 years but put that hobby to rest for good.

Of course we have no women on our board like this, but Trophs can be pretty high maintenance :eek:

They will sometimes survive in water not changed out once a week, but they certainly do shine a lot better when it is.
;)

For anyone who has successfully kept Discus, these guys are nuttin..

I don't and won't have any pics of mine for quite some time. I've only been collection my groups recently, and ran myself out of room once again.

For anyone curious and not familiar with the names and or what they look like, this is my collection. I have small groups of each.

Red Ndole
tropheus-red-ndole13.jpg

Kiriza
Tropheus%20kiriza.jpg

Red Rainbow
redrainbow2_zps4e677a10.jpg

Tropheus Ulwile
mpimbwe.jpg

Tropheus Nkonde
t-m-nkonde-yellow.jpg

Tropheus Moorii Livua
Tropheus%20moorii%20Lupota.jpg

Tropheus Bula Point
TropheusSPBlackBuluPoint.jpg

Tropheus Duboisi
tropheus_duboisi_maswa_2.jpg

:love0030: Wow! Nice!

-Rich

blkmjk

Members
Pencil me in for some of those rainbow tropheous... if I ever make the jump to Africans. .. WOW!

Drew

Cichlid Lips

Members
Mark - I wasn't real active in the spring of this year (with my new baby), so missed you coming into our club. It's great to have you here and will certainly use you as a resource if you don't mind asking questions. :)

Keeping only the duboisi now, with a few red Moliros in the tank acting more as target fish than anything else.

Cheers and welcome to the club, friend.

Tony

Thanks brother, I haven't been real active here myself. Getting a feel for the group and been doing a lot of lurking.

I did join but have not made a meeting yet as I have kids myself.
HA

Those Red Moliro's have always been my favorite red variant. Couldn't find any recently, so decided to go with the Ndole's.

Pencil me in for some of those rainbow tropheous... if I ever make the jump to Africans. .. WOW!

Drew

I don't see them too often, but I know a guy in Richmond that has a very nice group, and another spot that has them as we speak. I doubt they will be around very long once word gets out.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Currently keeping:

1. Tropheus Moorii Livua,
2. Tropheus Duboisi
3. Tropheus Kasanga Red Rainbows
4. Tropheus Kiriza
5. Tropheus Bula Point
6. Tropheus Nkonde
7. Tropheus Ulwile

Never met Troph I didn't like.

EDIT: Forgot I also have Tropheus Red Ndole

WOW very nice list and pics. Thank you for sharing.