• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Kandeense

So I figured its been a while since I bombarded you guys with pics so here I go again. This male is stunning, unfortunately his females are small and the one mature fish has not held to term as of yet. I ordered three more only to be told all three died before they could be shipped. Ordered two more and turns out the supplier wanted to keep them. Hense I am now looking for a new supplier for all my fish. If anyone has any females they would part with please let me know. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pics, enjoy.
Thanks
Dan

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1393444982476.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393444989923.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393444998128.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393445020478.jpg

Ading522

Members
Nice fish pics! You've got some awesome specimens there dan!

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thanks guys, I hope my fish reflect the amount of time and care I put into them. Not a day goes by that they don't amaze and amuse me.

Took some pics today, this guy is in a lone tank in my dinning room and gets neglected when it comes to viewing time. His pectoral fins are beggining to really stretch. What a cool fish these are, the fins are very impressive.

uploadfromtaptalk1396750852125.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396750885456.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396750909714.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396750922066.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396750944005.jpg

SOB!!! I tossed another fish in with this group hoping it would color up. The presence of another male caused this guy to color up more and brought out a very clear green tint to his cheek and jaw. I've always had a slight doubt that this was an aulonocara species. Thought it may be a copadichromis species due to his abnormally large pectoral fins. The green gave it all away, now im certain it is a copadichromis. Its a copadichromis parvus he's in with kandeense females, he's bred with them and I have a tank full of fry that will now most likely turn into feeders. WHY, WHY, WHY! I gave a supplier many hundreds of dollars last year, I explained my plans to breed and still he sent me the wrong fish, TWICE! I dedicated two 40's to breeding groups one for these, the "kandeense" and one for another species that also turned out to be wrong. That's many many months of work and money to only find out I got burned. If I wasn't breeding them I'd say who cares they turned out nice but to get them, grow them, dedicate space and equipment to them and even register them with cares........I'm furious, sent an email....no response. Even if there was one that said "ok here's a 12$ dollar refund" I'd still be furious. What is wrong with people, I'd expect this from petco. If you don't know what it is just say so, especially after someone explains their plans to breed the fish. Now I not only have males I never wanted but females that I need to go buy new mates for. Taking everything in me to step away from the curb. If I stay here a bus will come and when it does I will throw someone under it.

Acpape0

Members
You can't teach people ethics...on a side note is there a possibility that this specimen was purchased by them under the wrong name? I don't know much about where suppliers purchase their breeding stock. No need to make the fry feeders, I will give you a couple bucks for them ....

So is this male "show tank bound" now?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yeah I'm going to try him in the show tank but I'm not sure they will accept him, there's another black fish and three others woth whote blazes so we will see. It is possible he got it labeled wrong but I'm confident he had his doubts actually I'm certain he did. I ordered kandeense at a later date and he told me they all died after I placed my order. If I got real ones it wouldve made the mistake obvious. I'm also certain he now knows because he fixed the mistake and the pic is now labeled copadichromis instead of kandeense. One mistake is an accident but twice is shady buisness.

I'm not going to throw that out there publicly just yet. I think its only fair to give them the benifit of the doubt and wait a few days to see if i get a response to my second email. If your planning an order pm me and I will let you know so this doesn't happen to you. If I'm ignored again I may not be so considerate.

Acpape0

Members
Understandable, I ordered a new sump from a small manufacture and it arrived broken due to shipping. It was packaged so well that i thought it wad shipped damaged. Emails and calls went unanswered for 4 days...as I was getting ready to file a PayPal claim on day 5 I heard from the manufacturer. He more than made the situation right....he said he had a family emergency... I went from hating the company to making them my go to for sumps and acrylic fabrication...
Give him a chance to make it right, everyone makes mistakes but the difference between the good and the bad is wether or not situations/mistakes are corrected. Although i don't see him ever admitting sending the incorrect stock on purposes due to the fact that if it got out it would call the reputation of the breeder in question. Their are other avenues / resolutions that could correct the situation. Personally I would seek to have the correct fish mailed to you. Understand there is probably no chance of having shipping covered but the replacement its self should be free, especially if you have a long standing relationship with breeder.

Just my two cents

Leffler817

CCA Members
If your interested, I have a male from Dave's Fish that I'm going to move. He was the lone survivor from a power outage and I don't have interest in finding females his size. He's 3.5-4.5". LMK.

As long as you don't mind holding on to him. I definatly want him, about how far are you from philly? Might take a road trip with the fam this could give me incentive/motivation!