• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Week 2 fishkess cycle. I want fish!!

Yates

Members
Well it's week two and every morning I have been adding ammonia to keep levels at 4 ppm. Ammonia drops fast to 0 over night. Nitrites are at 5+ ppm. I can't wait until I do that nitrite check and have 0. Ph is stable at 8.2. The wait sucks though. I want fish in my tank. Just figured I would vent a little bit. Everything seems to be on track. Hopefully only have a few more weeks.

JLW

CCA Members
Virtually all of the bacteria in the bottle cultures are worthless. The bacteria that actually work in our tanks are difficult to culture en masse, and difficult to transport. The ones in the bottle are actually the wrong bacteria.

The simplest, best method is to get some "dirty" filter media. I instantly cycle tanks by cleaning a sponge or two from another tank into them.

NorCal

Members
Virtually all of the bacteria in the bottle cultures are worthless. The bacteria that actually work in our tanks are difficult to culture en masse, and difficult to transport. The ones in the bottle are actually the wrong bacteria.

The simplest, best method is to get some "dirty" filter media. I instantly cycle tanks by cleaning a sponge or two from another tank into them.

Agree, the most effective and easiest way to dam near instantly cycle is by using media from an established tank. I could have easily done so with my daughters tank but wanted to test this stuff. I followed the dosing regiment on the bottle and tested the water every other day. No ammonia or nitrite spikes ever occurred. 2 months later her tank reads 0a 0ni and 10-20na so in my personal experience the bottle of BB worked.

Could've been luck or just an improved product.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NorCal

Members
By the way I'm not suggesting you use this product by itself but more as aid to help the BB colonize quicker with what you are already doing. Can't hurt it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app