• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Longfin Super Reds- EGGS!

Forester

Members
One of my longfin super reds that I got in the spring from Angels Plus at 1 inch long has finally bred. I put one of the males in with two standard super red females and Saturday morning I found a cave full of eggs! Crossing my fingers that he's a good father. Here's a pic of the eggs.

20151122_162917-1.jpg

Forester

Members
Maybe I'll donate some to the rare fish auction at Aquamania. They should be of size by then.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Forester

Members
24 little guys! I decided on breeder box. So we'll see how it goes.

uploadfromtaptalk1449491710979.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449491735610.jpg

Forester

Members
My second largest of three longfin males just spawned! He was taking longer to spawn despite being the same size, surprisingly what triggered it was removing on of the bigger females so he only had two instead of three.

The fry from the other guy are growing at an alarming rate and are all almost 3/4 inch.

uploadfromtaptalk1450475770546.jpg

Forester

Members
Thats awesome! I cant wait until they are selling size

The first two batches should be selling size by Aquamania, however since only half are longfin I'm only gonna have around 20 longfin of size.

The same male from the other two batches has a third almost ready to move to a breeder box. I counted almost 40 wrigglers!

uploadfromtaptalk1452732385978.jpg

Kareen

Members
I have 3 super red long fins and one standard from Angels plus but not breeding size yet and would love to get more how much are you asking for them

Forester

Members
I have 3 super red long fins and one standard from Angels plus but not breeding size yet and would love to get more how much are you asking for them

That's where I got mine too.

I'm planning on selling em for $20+ a piece on Aquabid, but for CCA members only $18.

There's currently an auction for 5 longfins going for $175 + $50 shipping, so over $40 a piece. Based on this I think my price is very fair.

Thanks