• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

February Meeting

rich_one

Members
Is the next meeting on Feb. 8, or is it Aquamania 2? I'm having a hard time finding the meeting schedule for some reason. Thanks!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Thanks... and correct, I meant regular meeting. I know about Aquamania... was just not sure if we were also having a regular meeting 2nd Saturday in Feb.

-Rich

Good question about the next meeting. I was operating under the belief that there will be a Feb 8 meeting at Kennedy. Is this not the case? I do believe that the main page of the website should have a calendar of events (which should clear up questions like this). Or, perhaps the Calendar option in the menu could also have events listed there.

mchambers

Former CCA member
At last week's meeting, our President mentioned the Feb. 8 meeting, so I take it that there will be one, at the usual time and place.

There is a link to the calendar on the main page of the website, but it looks like the calendar has not been updated for 2014, probably because many of the speakers have not been identified yet.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sorry for the confusion.

There will be a regular meeting on February 8th at JFK High School. Bob Bock is presenting along with a few BAP talks and AM2 discussion.

AM2 is February 28 thru March 2. There will NOT be a meeting on March 8th. AM2 is taking the place of the March meeting.

We will work on getting the calendar up to date.

Becca

Members
Silly question, but given that Montgomery County Public Schools close at the drop of a snowflake, and we're expecting at least a few on Saturday, will the building be available to us if the school system is closed?

dogofwar

CCA Members
You look here to find out:

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/CUPF/Resources/Files/Emergency.pdf

Here's today's message. There will be an updated one for Saturday...

Matt

Montgomery County Public Schools are closed today, February 5, 2014 due to emergency weather

conditions. All school and community
activities in school buildings ar e also cancelled. Administrative
offices will open at 10:30 am. Child care programs in
schools may decide to open after 10:30 am. All use
of libraries, regional service cen
ters, Civic Bldg, and other govern
ment buildings arranged through
Community Use of Public Facilities will proceed
on a normal schedule unless closings are announced by
this office or the County Executive’s office.

Silly question, but given that Montgomery County Public Schools close at the drop of a snowflake, and we're expecting at least a few on Saturday, will the building be available to us if the school system is closed?

Hi All:
This will be my first meeting. Is this location: 1901 Randolph Road Silver Spring, MD 20902?

Also, is the meeting room easy to find, once inside?

olzkool

Members
Anyone have any idea what time the auction will start today? There are quite a few things I want but I am stuck at work and 1hr away. I don't know if I would make it and don't want to drive all the down there just to see people walking out of the building lol
Thanks!