• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Great meeting today!

mchambers

Former CCA member
The speaker, Jeff Michels, was great! Well organized presentation delivered crisply.

Good auction, too, even if I was outbid on everything. . .

AquaStudent

Members
The talk was fantastic. He really showed how vast the area of "small" cichlids is. There were tons of fantastic photos and I learned quite a bit.

The tidbit about sexing certain species with the black pectoral fins for the females was quite neat!

Met a bunch of cool people today too.

Attended my first meeting yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did my wife and "teen ager" son.

I love Apistos and keep several species, so the topic matter and speaker was something I was very interested in and yes, agree with the others - great prersentation.

Very nice items in the auction, really wish I had the tank space for the Victorian Quartet.. :(

Glad to have now joined CCA, I like how "ya'll roll" and look forward to participating in the future!

~ Tracey ~

ddavila06

Members
great meeting! love apistos and wished some had made the auction table..
the presentation was great as it showed a beautiful slideshow of species!
also thanks to everyone who got stuff from me. =)

Becca

Members
Wonderful meeting - gave me so many ideas! I just wish I'd remembered something to take notes with. Think he'd be willing to share his presentation electronically?

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I'm now on a quest to locate some Taeniacara candida. D_mn you, CCA, for bringing in speakers who divert my attention away from corydoras.

I agree with above coments. Nice, tight talk, with good visuals.

Blaise

Blaise

dogofwar

CCA Members
I agree - great presentation and meeting. I heard 85 attendees + kids = nearly 100!

We've got some great club sponsors selling Apistos and other dwarf cichlids. As much as it would be great to buy them for pennies on the dollar at our monthly auction, penny-on-the-dollar prices for rare fish tend to discourage people from selling rare fish in the auction...

Matt

great meeting! love apistos and wished some had made the auction table..
the presentation was great as it showed a beautiful slideshow of species!
also thanks to everyone who got stuff from me. =)

blkmjk

Members
It was my first meeting and I had a blast.! Next time I am going to get in on the auction.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

zackcrack00

Members
I went up and talked to him right before the auction and asked him a few questions like...
"How often do I need to feed the babies?"
"How do I sex them?"
And "When do I know that they can be paired off?"
These were all about the German Blue Ram Cichlid. He didn't go over these much, but gave intricate and very helpful answers to my questions. I really enjoyed this speaker's presentation!

McGrubble

Members
This was my first meeting, too. Walked away with 21 fish and some awesome hornwort. My friend and I had a blast! Looking forward to future meetings.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Good meeting.
Great crowd. Like Matt said, I counted 3 times and 85 adults is a great turn out......

Thank you Jeff for taking time away from the wife, kids, job and such to come down and spend time with us.