• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Zoogoneticus tequila goodeid spawn (CARES species)

I had acquired a pair of zoogoneticus tequila goodeids at CCA's Aquamania this past March, though I can't remember from which vendor. For the last few months, I kept them in a community tank, where I assume that any fry were eaten by the other tank inhabitants. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I was able to free up a 10 gallon tank for the goodeids, and this evening, when I went to check on them, I found that she had given birth. I counted four or possibly five fry hiding among the hornwort, though I suspect there could be a few more that I missed.

All in all, a pretty hands-off, easy spawning experience, as with many livebearers. But, I am excited about building up my brood of this critically endangered species. If anybody else in CCA raises these goodeids, I'd be interested in some fry swapping later on, to build some genetic diversity.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Herman, I've got about 10 fry growing out now. I'm happy to do a swap. I got mine from festaedan earlier this year, if that helps you on the genetic diversity front.

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Congrats! I know there are a few members with fry from my old group if you want to build up your group. I dont keep them anymore but I've been considering buying a few.