• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Register your fish for November Meeting

dogofwar

CCA Members
The November meeting is on Saturday...should be a great one!

Make sure you register your fish on www.mygroupauctions.com

Thanks,
Matt

PS Also, don't forget to bring some chips, cookies, soda or whatever for the food table!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There is a good start to the list so far, but not much there. This is the last meeting of the calendar year, so get your lots listed soon!

Just drooled a little bit when I saw Astatotilapia Aeneocolor listed.....good thing I am leaving before the auction this week.

I'm about ready to switch over to keeping Africans, based solely on the pictures of that fish!

Matt

Most of the Victorians have similar color patterns. It surprises me that they are not more prevalent in the hobby for the vivid coloration they get. I am obviously a big fan.

Rob

daninmd

Members
Matt

Most of the Victorians have similar color patterns. It surprises me that they are not more prevalent in the hobby for the vivid coloration they get. I am obviously a big fan.

Rob

yep. red/yellow/black is pretty prevalent. awesome fish. agreed, not sure why they aren't more common.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
These guys are actually local to Lake Howard and some of the surrounding tributaries, but its all part of the Lake Victoria basin.

Their aggression level doesn't seem to rival most vics though; I've had P. nyererei murder each other, but the Aeneocolor don't seem as interested in destruction. Their finnage seems to be longer than other Vics as well.

Stock photo below showing the fish for anyone that hasn't been on MGA yet...

Astatotilapia_aeneocolor2.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
I went through a couple of Victorian phases...the first in the late 80s when our local club was trading fish that we bred for fry from the Columbus Zoo (which was one of the Zoos in the Lake Victoria preservation program...that unfortunately died for lack of funding/support).

Almost all Vics will overwhelm you with fry once they get settled and start breeding. Many breed quite small as well.

If you haven't kept them, I'd encourage folks to give them a try!

Matt

skanda

Members
I have some Aceis that I would like to trade .. Would anyone have Electric Yellow Labs juvies or fry for Sale/ Trade?

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm hoping to get mine entered later on tonight.....I've had a crazy week attending a training course for work.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Some great fish in the monthly auction this month!

I'm really looking forward to Tony's presentation on collecting in Peru. He's got the pictures and videos to really take you there...

Matt