• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help Moving 150 gallon tank and fish

Which date could you help move the 150?

• Saturday, 11/16

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sunday, 11/17

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Saturday, 11/23

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sunday, 11/24

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Saturday, 11/30

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Becca

Members
We close on our new house on 11/12 and need to be out of our current house by 12/1 so we can get it rented out.

We have a 150 gallon fish tank that we definitely can't move alone.

I'm offering pizza and beer to anyone who will help move it from Montgomery Village, MD to Damascus, MD. If there's time and energy, we might move some other tanks, but the rest are MUCH smaller. The next heaviest thing in the house is a stand for a 55.

I've added a poll with some dates - if you are willing and able to help, please vote for the dates that will work for you (you can choose multiple).

1 - Saturday 11/16
2 - Sunday 11/17
3 - Saturday 11/23
4 - Sunday 11/24
5 - Saturday 11/30

Becca

Members
Also, if anyone has a truck or van they are willing to lend to this endeavor, I will (I may live to regret this) fill your gas tank.

Becca

Members
Although I'm not much help with the 150, I may be able to help move the smaller tanks.

Thanks, Christine! We're happy for all the help we can get - we'll probably be breaking it down and moving fish to Rubbermaid bins the night before, if you want a comedy show :D.

chriscoli

Administrator
Nice! Well, once you get a date set for moving the 150, I'll see if I'm free to help with other things.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm happy to help as well, if I can slip away from the kids for a bit.

Should need 3-4 people to move a 150g, although I've moved them myself with a furniture roller.

Matt

Becca

Members
I'm happy to help as well, if I can slip away from the kids for a bit.

Should need 3-4 people to move a 150g, although I've moved them myself with a furniture roller.

Matt

I think it took 3 or 4 men get it down the basement stairs. We do have a dolly/hand-truck, but I'm not sure how much help it will be with the stairs. It's a tricky situation because it has to come up the stairs, get rotated so that it's on its end, then turned out of the hallway, at which point it can be positioned lengthwise again.

Getting it into the new house will be MUCH easier, since it has a level walk out and a door the tank should fit through.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I think I can help on the 16th, 24th, or 30th, but my schedule is always a little uncertain with family commitments. I don't need pizza, beer, or brownies to do this!

chriscoli

Administrator
When we moved the 6foot 100 from SAMs place to mine, we ended up using my SUV (Ford Escape)....although the tank was too long for the truck, we used 2x4s rails to set it on. They ran under the full length of the tank from front to back and gave great support to the part (extra foot or so) hanging out the back.

Becca

Members
When we moved the 6foot 100 from SAMs place to mine, we ended up using my SUV (Ford Escape)....although the tank was too long for the truck, we used 2x4s rails to set it on. They ran under the full length of the tank from front to back and gave great support to the part (extra foot or so) hanging out the back.

I have a subaru outback - the seats don't fold completely flat, and, with the height of the 150, I'm not sure if it will have the clearance it needs. The stand can get laid on its back, which makes that easier, but I can't see laying a 150 on its side, seems too risky.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I can help any days listed except for the 30th (family commitment). I'll have to double check scheduling but should be able to have a truck to use as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
I can help any days listed except for the 30th (family commitment). I'll have to double check scheduling but should be able to have a truck to use as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

That is AWESOME :)!

Becca

Members
Ok - The hubs had a lightbulb and vetoed Sundays because he wants to be sure stores are open if we end up needing something and anticipates we'll be up most of the night getting everyone settled in.

Looking at numbers, this makes 11/16 our day. I will start stocking up on bargain halloween-colored rubbermaid bins at target.

Becca

Members
Although one of the two helpers on that day is me... so if there are any other strapping guys out there with nothing better to do on 11/16...