• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS FISH AND DAPHNIA

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
For sale fish and daphnia and other live foods.

Can deliver to the next CCA meeting Nov 9, 2013

Daphnia $5 a bag
Microworm culture in a sandwich box $5
Microworm starter is free to any member, just ask.
Vinegar eel culture in a sandwich box $5, great food for rainbow fry.
Grindal worm culture in a food storage box, soil less version, $12
Paramecium, a quart of a going culture, $5

Sales on black cories and electric blue rams, still at convention bargain prices:
CORYDORAS 'BLACK' schultzei, $10 each or 6 for $50
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - Electric blue rams $20 a pair.

also available:
black banded sunfish, $10 each
Corydoras paleatus $5 each or 5 for $20
Corydaras sterbai $6 each or 5 for $25
Large albino corys, $5 each
Corydoras pygmaeous, pygmy cory catfish $5 each
regular brown ancistrus about 2 inches, $3 each
Red wag platys, $6 a pair

Rocket killie, epiplaty annulatus or clown killie, $6 a pair
marble angelfish, $5 each, large
koi angelfish, $5 each, large

Sarasa comet, pond goldfish, red and white or white, 6 inches, $5 each

firemouth cichlids, $4 each for young 2 inch fish or $5 for 3 to 4 inch fish

Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Becca

Members
Frank, may I also have a starter amount of microworm culture? Something went awry with mine.

Hannibal

Members
I would like a bag of Daphnia as well as a microworm starter please.

Also how many of the comets do you have? If you have them I would like 5 of the red/white and 5 of the white.

Grundsau

Members
Microworm starter
Daphnia
and a grindal worm culture--Do you have instructions for your grindal worms?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Karen,
Anyone who purchases a culture of any type from me can send me their email address and I will email them my procedure. Turns out the PM system does not support attachments. Will bring you a bag of daphnia and a grindal worm culture and a starter microworm, which is not a culture of microworms, just enough of an old culture to start a new culture.

Chris,
I do have the sarasa comets. 5 red/white and 4 white. I will bring them with the daphnia and starter microworms on Sat.

All of the other orders in this thread have been noted and will be brought Sat.

Thanks,

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I offer two things:
A microworm culture in a sandwich box for $5
and
a free microworm starter which is a tablespoon of an old culture in a small plastic bag. You use this to start your own culture.
Please request either one or the other.

Last edited:

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
The rams are stunning I defenitely want a pair, have any of them spawned for you and how big are they?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I only sell what I raise. I have had the EB rams for a few years now. I have had the GB rams for maybe 10 years. Have batches of each coming. The reason for all the live food cultures is to raise healthy fish and improve survival of the fry. I feed live foods to all the fry and after a week or so start them on powdered foods, around 30 to 40 % protein while continuing the live foods. Then less live foods, but still daphnia a couple times a week.

The rams I sell are all adults.

Last edited:

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thanks, I'll defenitely take a pair. When I asked if they have spawned I meant the ones you where selling.

Becca

Members
Frank, can you add a Daphnia culture to my order? I was hoping to wait until we moved, but some of my smaller fish really seem to need those or microworms to get by and both of my cultures tanked.