• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

URGENT: does american olean tile have anything that may kill fish

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I bought a stingray that will be shipped here tommorow and I need to make sure these tiles are fish safe, the tiles are ceramic

Forester

Members
What tank do you have for it?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blkmjk

Members
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jon is totally right.... What size tank do you have in store for it? I've always wanted to try them... Never had the ka Hunes~ .

Good luck and take pics!

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just use some PFS.

To test the tile, put a piece or two in a rubbermaid with some inexpensive fish...

Matt

harlowe777

Members
I do tile for a living.. Ceramic tile is the same material as a ceramic flower pot.. which people put in their tanks.. So you're safe..

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
The ray would end up going into a rubbermaid stock pond, she is only about 5 inches wide so I have a good bit of time. The paint on the tile must've had something in it because a few days after I put the tile in my silver aro (who also would've gone in the rubbermaid) and my balzani trio all died. Thank you for your help and concerns.

Forester

Members
They reach about 14 inches and have very long tails. They require a minimum of a 72x30 inch tank. But for a male but bigger for a female. You should be prepared to get a bigger tank.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App