• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neolamprologus pulcher photo

lkelly

Members
Just snapped this one (in the prone position on my basement floor because the 33 long is on the bottom of the rack). The little baby staring at the camera had me cracking up.

IMG_3624_800wm_zpsxxhahuyg.jpg

lkelly

Members
Wow, just wow. That's amazing. What kind of camera do you use?

Lucas, I use a really old Canon DLSR that I believe I purchased back in 2005. It still takes decent pictures (the best lens I have is a Tamron 2.8 mid range), but I'm sure the low light performance and lack of IS with any of my lenses makes for some tricky shots.

I think the most important factor in taking a shot like this is a willingness to lay on your stomach on the cold cement floor, inhaling dust and feeling the errant pellet food embed into your elbows. It's basically the same level of commitment that combat photographers in Vietnam displayed in the face of danger.

lkelly

Members
Thank you for the nice words about the picture. I was just happy to be able to get something in focus and the inclusion of the baby was a bonus.