• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Star fish

dany

Members
I finally succeed log in to this forum since my first account seems to be in trouble. I am dany. Few days ago I am going to beach of southern California. I am searching about the different types of fishes. I want to share my knowledge with you about the star fishes. Starfish, or sea star, a bottom-dwelling marine animal. The star fishes not a fish; it is am echinoderm a type of marine animal that is spiny skinned. They typically have a central disc and five arms, though some species have more than this. Starfish have tube feet operated hydraulic system and a mouth at the center of the oral or lower surface. Starfish not eaten by humans. Starfish or sea starfish are belonging to the class Asteroid.

Starfish or sea starfish are belonging to the class Asteroid.

If I remember my biology correctly I think that's Asterid, not Asteroid. :beamup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Cool just bought a sand sifting star for my wife saltwater tank. And I think we had a few hitchhiker asteria? I think...they are really really small. They all seem to be nocturnal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app