• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish privacy!

Ading522

Members
So I caught my demasoni spawning and was intrigued with how they did it despite them being in a tank with a lot of bigger fish and without being disturbed..so I observed and was able to catch them in the act. Just couldn't stop chuckling at the fish that noticed me getting closer to the tank and started intruding the little escapade under the rock shelf.. Lol.. Wonder if there is a way to give them some privacy in a tank like this? I fondly named them "quicky masters" LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kczPOwz00Xc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's a short video..lol

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Hahaha!

Whenever I catch my D. macs spawning they immediately start beating each other up and fighting over who gets to eat the eggs. The only time I get eggs that the female protects is when they "magically appear" while I'm at work.

Ading522

Members
Hahaha!

Whenever I catch my D. macs spawning they immediately start beating each other up and fighting over who gets to eat the eggs. The only time I get eggs that the female protects is when they "magically appear" while I'm at work.

Hahaha..how come they eat the eggs most of the time?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

neut

Members
Hahaha!

Sounds like they see you as a potential predator. :D

chriscoli

Administrator
I have some young Neochromis that I'm growing out in a separate tank (a 15 gal) before they get put in with the "big guys". I've been reading that they can be one of the more aggressive Vics. Well, in the past week, they've really started to color-up even though they're still only about an inch and a quarter in size.

The thing that really cracks me up, though, is that the largest female of the group not only bosses everyone in their tank around....but she postures at me through the glass! Which, of course, makes it REALLY tempting to come right up to the tank and go "BOO" at her. It does't even phase her....she does a shimmy-shake thing really quick and lunges even closer to the glass at me and tries to stare me down!

I think I'd better get them in a larger tank soon otherwise I'll come home to one large female and no other tankmaktes one of these days....

Ading522

Members
I have some young Neochromis that I'm growing out in a separate tank (a 15 gal) before they get put in with the "big guys". I've been reading that they can be one of the more aggressive Vics. Well, in the past week, they've really started to color-up even though they're still only about an inch and a quarter in size.

The thing that really cracks me up, though, is that the largest female of the group not only bosses everyone in their tank around....but she postures at me through the glass! Which, of course, makes it REALLY tempting to come right up to the tank and go "BOO" at her. It does't even phase her....she does a shimmy-shake thing really quick and lunges even closer to the glass at me and tries to stare me down!

I think I'd better get them in a larger tank soon otherwise I'll come home to one large female and no other tankmaktes one of these days....

hahaha..sounds like that females is tryna get some attention! hopefully what you said in the latter part about coming home to a lone fish doesnt happen.. i know how it feels to lose fish.. :( the astatotilapia latifasciata i got from you are coloring up amazingly..its hard to believe at that size..and theyre picking on the bigger guys..lol