• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ideas for Getting the Word Out About CCA

Termato

Board of Directors
One of the best ways is to grow our presence on Facebook (and other social media). Honestly, I had to check and see if CCA had a facebook page -- most of the posts and such on it have only a handful of likes and maybe one or two shares. Other clubs that are really active on there get a lot of members.

I agree. It would definitely help.

What would you suggest we post differently? Lately, we've been using more photos and linking to the site and it has been drawing more attention and likes than previous posts. The frequency of it could go up but as far as attaining new content, that can be challenging.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Anyone willing to be the youtube channel champion?

It would be good to define the position
How often do we post?
Does someone acquire footage and edit or is that separate responsibility?
What gets featured....do we do the BBQ's, club member outings like collections, or fishing trips, trips to local plant nurseries for aquatic plants or remaining LFS, or some of us who blow glass and make fish bowls....for educational purposes/ advertising for local businesses.
I've got ideas and would be willing to contribute in some fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think that having a YouTube channel would be cool, but someone needs to be responsible for it and do all of the things that you mentioned. All good ideas, but remember we are a volunteer organization and need folks to step up and take the lead.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I think that having a YouTube channel would be cool, but someone needs to be responsible for it and do all of the things that you mentioned. All good ideas, but remember we are a volunteer organization and need folks to step up and take the lead.

True!
I don't have experience editing etc. I don't mind being part of a 2-3 person team that keeps the the channel running.
Should I post a new thread asking for volunteers?

Reed

Very Fishe
I think that everyone should bring guest 1 or 2 x per year. I perhaps we could designated new member day and have speakers oriented to beginners, special raffles, and give away Points CCA bucks etc,,,

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think that everyone should bring guest 1 or 2 x per year. I perhaps we could designated new member day and have speakers oriented to beginners, special raffles, and give away Points CCA bucks etc,,,

Great idea, Reed - what month do folks think would be best for this?

A few years ago, we did some awesome raffles that people entered by (if I recall) simply coming to the meeting and being a paid member. CCY does a member raffle each month (only members who are at the meeting get tickets).

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Great idea, Reed - what month do folks think would be best for this?

A few years ago, we did some awesome raffles that people entered by (if I recall) simply coming to the meeting and being a paid member. CCY does a member raffle each month (only members who are at the meeting get tickets).

Matt
Yep, we had an attendance raffle. The more months you showed up, the more chances to win. We went like 3 or 4 months and the prize was a 90 gallon tank, lids, filter, light, heater and more. It seemed to go over pretty well. Some people complained about the 90 but we had a sponsor for it and we bought it at a local store so that kept them happy too. LOL
Of course 1 of them showed up on craigslist the next day. I wasn't too thrilled with that but what the heck.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I am a relatively a active member of the forum but have never attended a meeting. I am not a member either. Maybe trying to facilitate membership with the more active post-ers on here would be good, too. Someone to say, "Hey, I see you have 20 posts now and live in the area. Have you considered joining?"