• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New to CCA

mdorsey13

Members
Hello I am new to the CCA and am wondering how good the fish swaps are? How many fish are typically for sale and things like that?

dhavalsp

Members
Welcome!

you can checkout the market place on the forum. lot of members ares successful in breeding their stock, so you will often see young juries on sale. there is a monthly meeting with auctions...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Michael:

Welcome to the forum.

If you are referring to the auctions at our monthly meetings, we typically have somewhere between 75 and 100 lots in the auction, depending on lots of factors. Often, the auctions have fish from club members who are part of our Breeder Award Program and have spawned fish and are getting bonus points for auctioning them. The auctions also usually have donations from our members and sponsors, and on occasion our speaker will bring fish to be auctioned. All in all, they typically have some great fish at great values.

We also hold a marketplace "swap meet" at our annual event, The Big Fish Deal (March 4th thru 6th this year). There are around 40 vendor tables with a large assortment of fish. It's a great time.

mdorsey13

Members
My tank

So I just bought my tank (46gallon) and I am in the process of finding and buying fish. I am really interested in peacocks and am looking for some to buy at some of these swap meets does anyone know when the nest one is

Forester

Members
So I just bought my tank (46gallon) and I am in the process of finding and buying fish. I am really interested in peacocks and am looking for some to buy at some of these swap meets does anyone know when the nest one is

Our next meeting/auction is in January, but if your willing to wait AquaMania 4 is March 4-6 and will have lots of fish of all types.

mdorsey13

Members
Next Swap

If I buy a few at this next swap meet and leave room for some more can I still add those in at The big fish deal without having to worry about territorial issues and agression

Leffler817

CCA Members
Welcome to the forum! Check out our meetings and sponsors. You'll really enjoy the folks around. :happ0180:

As for your aggression question, without knowing what species you are purchasing(?), be sure to have all fish the same size and provide lots of hiding spaces/territories. Feel free to ask lots of questions here and do you research about your fish.